10-25-2017 05:34 PM
1,203 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Mine doesn't work at Emporer's Japanese Grill in Wichita, KS. It basically freezes and resets their system and makes for some very unhappy employees.

It also didn't work at Title Boxing West Wichita last time I tried to use it. It said "debit key not activated" or something similar. It has worked there once before so I am not sure what changed. This time it acted like it worked then changed its mind.
    04-07-2016 04:48 PM
    Mine doesn't work at Emporer's Japanese Grill in Wichita, KS. It basically freezes and resets their system and makes for some very unhappy employees.

It also didn't work at Title Boxing West Wichita last time I tried to use it. It said "debit key not activated" or something similar. It has worked there once before so am not sure what changed. This time it acted like it worked then changed its mind.
    Hey could you have tried it as credit as the Boxing place? Also that is word that it froze their machine is your card chipped and have u signed it within the app?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 06:24 PM
    Used it at Sams And actually Walmart 2nd attempt since signing card and had success did get a card read error at first but went through

04-07-2016 06:31 PM
    Hey could you have tried it as credit as the Boxing place? Also that is word that it froze their machine is your card chipped and have u signed it within the app?

I'm pretty sure they hit credit because they were as confused as I was when it said debit. I can try there again though.

My card is not chipped. It happened at both locations of the restaurant so I'm not sure how that happened.

04-07-2016 06:43 PM
    I have that similar problem at my daughters preschool. I use a credit card to pay but It comes up saying enter pin. If I hit cancel it just ends the transaction not like hitting cancel at 711 and it switches to credit from debit.

04-08-2016 09:05 AM
    It was strange because it seemed like it was going through. I scanned it and they typed in the amount and everything then the error came up.
    04-08-2016 09:08 AM
    I tell you what Samsung Pay is awesome and I'll tell you why pertaining to this experience. I do not know if any of you have done this or not but I used samsung pay while I was on the phone, also during a video chat on and while listening to music now all this was when I was on the same device that I used samsung pay. The only thing I noticed was that you do not hear the beep from the reader you just have to watch the reader screen.

TLemieux likes this.
    04-08-2016 01:15 PM
    Some of the new terminals that use iPads (except for Square) I get the bad swipe error. They are made by REVEL. My local CREAM store has one and I have tried it at others that also use REVEL and Samsung Pay doesn't work. Here are what the terminals look like:

https://goo.gl/photos/3fa2y1mAdantFBXTA

Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.-i3zbtol0shm10nafzze7uyswdatik00yqo7zz6lbw-ycfcud-jafsjiu32egnobbmyhrrsbp-mxhjfyzsx7wimjyc4h2i15w.jpg
    04-09-2016 01:57 PM
    When you get swipe error, try taking the phone off and wait for the error to go away, then putting the phone on again
    04-09-2016 11:37 PM
    When you get swipe error, try taking the phone off and wait for the error to go away, then putting the phone on again
    Also you can move the phone a little while tog all have it there is have done that before and it worked.

04-10-2016 05:58 AM
    So today I froze up the machine at Fast Freddie's and ironically I have used there numerous times but then they couldn't get it back up they had to reset the terminal and I just moved to the next terminal and it worked smoothly. Weird thing a customer was beside me and said so is it really that hard to carry your credit card and I was like my wallet is a lot thinner and the cashier and looked at him and said well I can't argue with that

James8561 and TLemieux like this.
    04-10-2016 03:06 PM
    Today was my first experience with Samsung Pay. I tried it at the Redbox. For a second I thought it was going through, but then the authorization was not approved. Tomorrow, I'll give it a go at my local grocery store.
    04-12-2016 06:46 PM
    Today was my first experience with Samsung Pay. I tried it at the Redbox. For a second I thought it was going through, but then the authorization was not approved. Tomorrow, I'll give it a go at my local grocery store.
    Oh yea redbox is a swipe hmm might have to try it as well.

04-12-2016 06:59 PM
    Red box has a known issue. Haven't tried it myself but others have said it has trouble completing the transaction.
    04-12-2016 07:40 PM
    Redbox or any other service with recurring charges won't work
    04-12-2016 10:24 PM
    Went and used it at a massage place today and worked like lightening the ladies said of course the usual ohh we are not setup for the but when it worked the lady acted like she knew what she was talking about and it was the first I ever heard.. Oh that must be Android pay hahaha I said nope the other cashier said what phone is that I told her she said I have that I am going now to sign up for it and this way I don't have to carry more cards.

James8561 likes this.
    04-13-2016 07:07 PM
    Long time since I posted, but these updates have helped a lot. Just got it to work at Buffalo Wild Wings. The manager was cool and took the time listen to instuctions and it worked like a charm. I almost cant remember a time where it didnt work now. I didnt even have my card on me a backup so it had to work or it would have been a no sale. Wild Wings also had this NCR option ncrpay.com , it gave me a hard time so she agreed to try the samsung option since she had a samsung phone herself. When it worked she must have thought I was james bond with the reaction she gave after it went through lol...
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-14-2016 10:28 PM
    Yea I used it at Buffalo Wild wings twice. It was carryout. It worked very fast. Their cashiers were kool and didn't mind trying it. It's employees like that who makes SamsungPay enjoyable, allowing people to try something even if they don't understand it.

James8561 likes this.
    04-15-2016 09:32 AM
    Hey guys, new to this forum. I just got my Galaxy S7 Edge last week and set up Samsung Pay last night. I've tried to use it at two different places today (Smashburger and Books-A-Million) and got card swipe errors at both of them. There was a line at Smashburger so I didn't waste time trying again, but I did try again at BAM. Is there something I need to know to get the process to work? I'm using a chipped Chase card, but neither of those places had chip readers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-15-2016 03:53 PM
    Hey guys, new to this forum. I just got my Galaxy S7 Edge last week and set up Samsung Pay last night. I've tried to use it at two different places today (Smashburger and Books-A-Million) and got card swipe errors at both of them. There was a line at Smashburger so I didn't waste time trying again, but I did try again at BAM. Is there something I need to know to get the process to work? I'm using a chipped Chase card, but neither of those places had chip readers. Thanks in advance for any help.
    K have you signed the cd and within the app? 2nd if you get that type of error just move it up or down a little all while still in the process it's just like re swiping a real card. Is this your first time using Samsung Pay also did you get the notification sent to your bank?

NIUHuskie likes this.
    04-15-2016 07:20 PM
    Had a strange experience today at Walmart. The transaction appeared on my statement but declined on walmarts register. So did the transaction again and when rechecked my statement the first transaction looked like it was credited back.

04-17-2016 03:57 PM
    So went shopping today.

I used it at Michael Kors, Old Navy, Rue 21, Walmart, Banana Republic, and Nike outlet store. All with NFC turned off. It worked on the first try each time.
    Jpeezy33 likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:20 PM
    So went shopping today.

I used it at Michael Kors, Old Navy, Rue 21, Walmart, Banana Republic, and Nike outlet store. All with NFC turned off. It worked on the first try each time.
    Did you put it through as debit and use your pin or credit?
    04-18-2016 09:20 AM
    If I use it at 7-11 and do the gas pump trick, it shows up as $0.00 in Samsung pay app but correct on bank statement. Make sure you push "pay here credit" before you do the trick or it will run as debit and get declined.
    04-18-2016 03:21 PM
    I have yet to get it to work at the gas pump. Sooooo Scott you may need to find a way to make a video of it and post it on youtube

calicocat2010 likes this.
    04-18-2016 05:13 PM
1,203 ... 4041424344 ...