Android Pay or Samsung Pay - Does anyone use both regularly?

deibid

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have both Android Pay and Samsung Pay loaded on my phone. But while I've used Samsung Pay quite regularly, I've really never used Android Pay.

Is there any benefit to using Android Pay, or is using Samsung Pay enough? My understanding is that wherever Android Pay works, Samsung Pay also works (and SP works in a lot of other places too) right? So, why would I use Android Pay at all? Let me know if I'm missing anything...

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I too have both on my phone, since November of last year I probably used Android Pay one time. My go to payment method is SP, I don't know why but it just seems easier to use?

lyrad12

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
i just received this free Chromecast from google, only to use android pay 10x and redeem the promotion via android pay app, after that, i disabled the app, and start using Samsung pay for good.

Attachments

• 1457143563980.jpg
    1457143563980.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The only advantage of Android pay is if samsung pay doesn't support your bank card at the present time

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i just received this free Chromecast from google, only to use android pay 10x and redeem the promotion via android pay app, after that, i disabled the app, and start using Samsung pay for good.

Wish I had known about that promotion. I was using Android Pay as soon as it because available last year.

I use both Android Pay and Sumsung Pay, since getting my S7 edge a couple weeks ago. I like some features of Android Pay better so I use it when NFC is available. When that is not an option I switch to Samsung Pay for MST.

Being that Android Pay works as long as the phone is unlocked, the app not having to be in the foreground, I have it set as the default payment method but with the option for alternate payment methods to be used if their app is running. This way I can just unlock my phone and touch it to the terminal if NFC is there or I can swipe up and put my fingerprint in to use MST from Samsung Pay.

Now, for the why. In addition to not requiring the app to be in the foreground to work I like Android Pay's tracking of payments better. It gives much more information about where the transaction took place.

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I kinda wish I still had my S6 so I could use Samsung Pay. When I had it, my bank wasn't supported so it was Android Pay for me. Now I'm onto the 6p so I never really got a chance to try out Samsung Pay.