How often do you all use Samsung Pay? I try to use it everywhere, and I'm coming pretty close to doing that: Of 191 transactions since the beginning of the year, I've used SP for 179 of them.

Nice restaurants and machines that suck up the card are the only places I'm still stuck.
    04-14-2017 10:18 PM
    Every time I need to pay with a credit card, unless the place doesn't have a user-accessible terminal (restaurants that don't bring the terminal to your table, readers on the cashier's computer side, etc.). And of course no-no on gas stations and ATMs, but I only need the first 3 times a month and the latter once or twice every couple months. #SayNoToCash
    Kalnel likes this.
    04-15-2017 12:21 AM
    At the moment, hardly any restaurants support Samsung or Apple pay for that matter, so I haven't used it yet. (Locally for me)

I'm still a little torn between, using my credit card to pay or using my phone. Which which you say is safer?

I don't remember the last time my credit card had a monthly security patch lol
    SpookDroid and Kalnel like this.
    04-15-2017 12:43 AM
    Everywhere possible. I have over 30 transactions most months.
    Kalnel and yarnsrj like this.
    04-15-2017 01:00 AM
    At least 40 times a month. You need 30 to keep your 4x reward points going!
    Kalnel likes this.
    04-15-2017 06:51 AM
    Every time I need to pay with a credit card, unless the place doesn't have a user-accessible terminal (restaurants that don't bring the terminal to your table, readers on the cashier's computer side, etc.). And of course no-no on gas stations and ATMs, but I only need the first 3 times a month and the latter once or twice every couple months. #SayNoToCash
    I've had pretty good luck with card-readers on the cash register. I usually just tell the cashiers to let me know when they are ready to swipe the card, because I'm going to reach over and use Samsung Pay. When they tell me they don't take digital payments, I ask if I can try, because this is something "different." Most let me try, then get excited when it works.

Between Exxon Speedpass+ and the "trick" of activating the card reader with my drivers license, I have gas stations pretty well covered.
    04-15-2017 10:27 AM
    At the moment, hardly any restaurants support Samsung or Apple pay for that matter, so I haven't used it yet. (Locally for me)

I'm still a little torn between, using my credit card to pay or using my phone. Which which you say is safer?

I don't remember the last time my credit card had a monthly security patch lol
    From what I've read, mobile wallets are much safer than credit cards. The big benefit is that merchants never get your credit-card number -- they get a one-time use "token" instead -- so if they have a data breach, your account can't be compromised.

Using a mobile wallet also protects you from skimmers that steal your card info when you swipe.

I think one of the most telling things is that the big banks are shifting people away from ATM cards to phone-based ATM access. A few weeks ago, Wells Fargo introduced a system where you enter an app-created code to access the ATM, rather than your card. They plan to incorporate Samsung Pay later this year, so you can tap your phone to access the ATM, too.
    04-15-2017 10:37 AM
    At least 40 times a month. You need 30 to keep your 4x reward points going!
    Platinium Club!
    04-15-2017 10:37 AM
    Between 25 and 35 times a month....
    04-15-2017 06:40 PM
    I use Samsung Pay everywhere I possibly can (generally via my Gear S3, but sometimes with my GS7 Edge). Any time there is a customer-accessible terminal I try it, and I'd say 6 out of 7 times it works without error. When merchants are using a Square reader with an iPad, I can usually convince them to swivel it around so I can swipe my watch past the card reader. And so know the owner of my local liquor store well enough that it isn't socially awkward when I ask him to move the card reader so I can stick my watch up to it.

Yes, Samsung Pay is cool, but it's also secure (as others have said) and it means I can walk around with just my drivers license and one card as a backup. Plus, the rewards points you rack up can be redeemed for non-trivial rewards like phone cases, gift cards, and prepaid Visa cards.

In terms of actual numbers, I'd say I average 35 payments per month.
    04-15-2017 10:45 PM
    Platinium Club!
    04-16-2017 05:48 AM
    My work schedule is not conducive to much shopping so I'm only a silver member. Approximation 10-15 times a month.
    05-11-2017 02:38 AM