how to use Samsung pay in canada with phone purchased in UAE?

Sa_bath

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
I have an international unlocked Note 5 SM-N920C purchased from UAE. I am currently residing in Canada. I would like to be able to use Samsung pay but the app wants me to register Samsung pay for UAE. what steps should I do to make it work here ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that's 'region locked'. It will only work with the region the device was intended to be sold in. You can try to flash a Canadian Note 5 ROM, but if the hardware isn't exactly the same, you'll likely run into trouble.

Munish Sawhney

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
You can give it one try....this might work ...it worked for me in India

They will simply say no. I visited them and they said it could brick the phone....they simply don't wanna do it for you

You could simply do it without rooting / bricking your phone

If you're ready to reset the phone….you could make Samsung pay work in India.

1) Turn off the phone

2) Take out all sim cards

3) Press volume key + Bixby key + Power key and release once you see Samsung logo

4) Erase the phone.

5) Please note after this step do not reboot but shut it down. If you choose the option reboot, CSC will not change and Samsung pay won't work. So select power off option

6) Insert Indian sim card in slot 1 before starting the handset

7) Start the phone. This will now adapt to Indian CSC and Indian carrier settings

8) Bingo….you're all set with Samsung Pay for Indian Cards. ENJOY…..!!

You can check Knox count it will be 0x0 which means no rooting done and warranty stays alive....!!

Cheers

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the OP has figured this out, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread trying to solve the same issue, I wanted to give my input.

Like the OP, I also had an unlocked international model, in fact, I'm on my second consecutive such model. I had an unlocked S7 edge from Singapore and now I have an unlocked S9+ from Hong Kong. I have successfully set both those up for use in Canada with Samsung Pay without ever having been used for a second anywhere else.

I believe the whole point of an "unlocked" phone is that it's NOT region-locked, where you need to use it for 5 minutes in the home region before "exporting" it elsewhere.

The only thing you will not get is the Canadian offers within the Samsung Pay app. You will see the offers from the market that the phone was intended for. I only see offers meant for Hong Kong, but hey, I can live with that in exchange for getting the features I wanted in a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress