[ACS] CWM for the samsung replenish

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
uhhh just checked like 3 times, takes me to acsyndicate.net...

That's not the issue, your website link while on ACS removes part of your domain name. I'm guessing the forums have filters set up, I had the same issue in dmrlook's private message with the link. It doesn't matter though, we need to fix that one last tiny forgotten file for ext4, unless it just releases with my rom ;P

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This is an odin install. You can go to firehaks phoenix ROM here to get odin and the ops file. The download link above takes you to the acs site. From there, the download link sometimes get filtered. It should be holylivingf**k... but the f**k gets filtered out. I leave it as an exercise to you to figure out what the "**" stands for :) Stupid filters...

This is not a beta release - both firehak and I have tested this on our replenishes and it works.

djjavejav

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you can get a more technical reply from some of the devs, but ClockWorkMod is a "recovery" tool (for lack of a better term). It allows you to backup your system files (commonly known as "nandroid"), wipe your cache and davlik cache (often necessary when installing new ROMs), do a factory wipe/reset, and most importantly, install new ROMS and updates by just dropping a file onto your SD card (often an update.zip file), booting into the CWM recovery, and selecting the file from a menu.

For the Replenish, we've had to use multiple different tools and steps to get custom ROMs and OTA updates, mainly because we haven't had a recovery such as CWM (there are a few others). Now that CWM is available, we can update ROMs early, often, and easily!

One thing I don't recall is whether CWM explicitly roots your device. I believe it doesn't...but I'm sure someone will post to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the clockworkmod based recovery image. It allows you to boot into recovery mode and backup your phone to the SD card. The default stock recovery image does not provide a way to back up your phone.

For those of you who just want to stay with stock, there is probably no need to ever back up your phone. But for folks like me who are constantly changing the code on their phone to get new functionality, having a backup is great. I can't tell you how many time in the last few days I screwed up my phone and made it un-bootable - having a backup allowed me to get back to to working state.

Actually, I think I'd recommend waiting until firehak releases his next ROM odin image as it will have shabbys recovery image built into it. The reason I recommend this is your currennt phone image will most likely revert back to the stock recovery image the next time you power down your phone. This can be disabled, but you need to know how to do it. firehaks ROM will have the auto restore of recovery disabled by default.

So my suggestion - hold tight.

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This thread is just a release of the CWM recovery. It is based on the clockworkmod gingerbread-release recovery tool. As such, it contains all of the functionality of that specific CWM which has been outlined in posts above.

However, I'd wait until firehak releases his ROM with this included. It will be an odin image for a number of reasons. Once we are all on that, we can look into future releases/updates using update.zip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez