Galaxy Watch 3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OK so I want one... not sure whether I want 41mm or 45mm yet. Any deals likely? Prices are very high.

If the blood SpO2 were in the software I'd pay full price because it would be nice early warning for COVID-19. The EKG is nice but I would prefer oxygen saturation measurements during the day. My Note 9 does it but automatic regular testing would be great.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
There will be deals, just not great ones. Maybe $50 off on black Fri or package deals when bought with a Sammy phone. Samsung does not do much discounting. They've been still mostly asking list price for the original GW. I would not consider future features in my decision. Sammy has yet to release (in the US) EKG on the active 2 yet, so I'm skeptical of post-release promises. I know that's an FDA thing, but they need to consider any and all potential roadblocks before making a commitment.

I do like the GW3 even without the future features. The fact that it's thinner, lighter (especially the titanium option), and sleeker is huge. Just wish it wasn't priced higher than the original GW. I'll be seriously considering it.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Verizon, surprisingly, had one in-stock (silver) and it's headed here tomorrow by 10:30 AM EDST. As instant gratification goes this experience is pretty good so far.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So you like the LTE model? I've never thought of a use for data on watch because I never go out without my Note 9. VZW offers a good deal if you want TWO Galaxy 3 watches with data connection but one is all I want.

What does VZW charge for the wearable LTE service anyway?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There will be deals, just not great ones. Maybe $50 off on black Fri or package deals when bought with a Sammy phone. Samsung does not do much discounting. They've been still mostly asking list price for the original GW. I would not consider future features in my decision. Sammy has yet to release (in the US) EKG on the active 2 yet, so I'm skeptical of post-release promises. I know that's an FDA thing, but they need to consider any and all potential roadblocks before making a commitment.

I do like the GW3 even without the future features. The fact that it's thinner, lighter (especially the titanium option), and sleeker is huge. Just wish it wasn't priced higher than the original GW. I'll be seriously considering it.
I think we will get EKG but I prefer blood O2 and we'll never get that. If I buy the Galaxy watch 3 I'm not waiting for Thanksgiving! LOL

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
So you like the LTE model? I've never thought of a use for data on watch because I never go out without my Note 9. VZW offers a good deal if you want TWO Galaxy 3 watches with data connection but one is all I want.

What does VZW charge for the wearable LTE service anyway?

From memory, about ten bucks if you number share. I already am semi-regretting this but that can be addressed in the near term. Personally, there's something empowering(?) about traipsing around without my phone(s) on me and I do this occasionally. I will probably ask to get this watch its own number which will further confuse the hell out of me but as a senior citizen that goes with the territory.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A new number would be cool if I were transitioning my phone to that number. I get so many spam calls I have considered changing my number.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
A new number would be cool if I were transitioning my phone to that number. I get so many spam calls I have considered changing my number.

Most of those annoying types of calls do get screened-out; it's an ongoing winnowing process. I'll see one coming in that goes nowhere and I'll think, 'Nice try.'

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Give Samsung time to understand the actual demand for this. Let the "gotta have it" crowd pay full price, then when they're satisfied the REAL price will come out.

Costco is a good outlet for Samsung in this regard. Certainly by Christmas that whole $429/$479 pricing fantasy of Samsung's will be long dissolved.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I've done searches, but I get mixed results. Hopefully someone here can give a definite answer.

What OS will the Watch3 use? I see both WearOS and Tizen(same as my SM-R800).

Thanks all!

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The FDA has now approved it. It is now up to Samsung to put out the update for the watch.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received the update that enables oxygen monitoring? I just got the watch today (45mm version) and checked all the updates but it said there are none found

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
OK so I want one... not sure whether I want 41mm or 45mm yet. Any deals likely? Prices are very high.

If the blood SpO2 were in the software I'd pay full price because it would be nice early warning for COVID-19. The EKG is nice but I would prefer oxygen saturation measurements during the day. My Note 9 does it but automatic regular testing would be great.

I'm a guy with small-ish wrists but I went with the larger model primarily for the bigger battery. If I were you, I wound check out a similar watch in store and try it on (the (edit: Gear) S3 has similar size to the Galaxy watch 3 45mm version - Verizon or best buy might have that on display still).

The 45 mm feels slightly on the big side, but not to the point where it's cumbersome. So far i love the look.

I believe the oxygen measuring capability is in the middle of getting rolled out (my phone doesn't have it yet but other blogs say that it's coming now).

Last edited:

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the oxygen measuring capability is in the middle of getting rolled out (my phone doesn't have it yet but other blogs say that it's coming now).

I got the update with the VOC functionality today - allegedly. But, I see no way of seeing my VO2 or VO2Max anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dunc

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the update with the VOC functionality today - allegedly. But, I see no way of seeing my VO2 or VO2Max anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dunc

Go to the Wear app on your phone and add the blood oxygen widget to the watch
Then go to the watch and you should see it when you swipe left from the home screen.

Still trying to figure out the best way to use it as it seems to read low for me

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got a black unlocked lte version at Best Buy Thursday. 45m. Like it a lot. Have had Galaxy original watch and Active 2 44mm. This Galaxy3 is a great fit and screen size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38