Help a newbie

smalliamnot

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So- just got a Samsung Stratosphere- I know this is a terribly simple question, but how do I put my own music on it? When I open music player, it says nothing found. But I don't ever find an option to add any type of music to my storage card? What is it that I am missing? Any help would be great.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably get replies with other techniques, but this is what I do and I consider it the simplest method. You will need a microSD to SD adapter for this technique. I'm using my Intercept running Froyo as an example, so you may have some slight differences. Go into Settings/SD Card and Phone Storage, and select "Unmount SD Card". When it says the card is unmounted, remove the SD card from the phone. Use the adapter to interface the card with your computer. Your OS should detect the card, and ask you what you want to do with it. Use the open/view files and folders option. You should now see directories like you would if you were looking at your computer's hard drive. Now, in another window, open your music folder. You can just drag and drop from one window (hard drive music) to the other window (phone microSD) If there's a preexisting folder for music on the card, drop the music files there. If not, create one. Android will find the files. Then just safely remove hardware from computer, insert microSD into phone, and the phone will take it from there. Hope this helps!

Oh, wait. You said Stratosphere. That's VZW. There may be VCast crap to deal with. I hope not. VCast sucks, or at least it did 2 years ago. Good luck!

djphrost1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So- just got a Samsung Stratosphere- I know this is a terribly simple question, but how do I put my own music on it? When I open music player, it says nothing found. But I don't ever find an option to add any type of music to my storage card? What is it that I am missing? Any help would be great.

Hey there, the easiest way for most people is to just plug in your USB cable, go to notifications or slide bar down, select USB Connected and mount as storage device. If your computer is has internet access, it should automatically download the drivers for the phone if any are needed. You should then see your phone's SD card listed as a mounted drive in My Computer or in Finder for mac. Create a folder here and call it Music. Now it's just drag and drop from here. When you're done, you can normally just unplug the USB cable. When the media scanner is done and the SD card is accessible again, open the music player of your choice, and there should be all the new music you uploaded. Hope this helps, we all gotta start learning Android ABC's somewhere ;)
Welcome to the open world of Android:)

Reactions: smalliamnot

redwizard69

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, the easiest way for most people is to just plug in your USB cable, go to notifications or slide bar down, select USB Connected and mount as storage device. If your computer is has internet access, it should automatically download the drivers for the phone if any are needed. You should then see your phone's SD card listed as a mounted drive in My Computer or in Finder for mac. Create a folder here and call it Music. Now it's just drag and drop from here. When you're done, you can normally just unplug the USB cable. When the media scanner is done and the SD card is accessible again, open the music player of your choice, and there should be all the new music you uploaded. Hope this helps, we all gotta start learning Android ABC's somewhere ;)
Welcome to the open world of Android:)

This is the easiest way to do it. It's how I put all my music on my Stratosphere. Love not having to carry my Ipod everywhere now.:)