frequent freezes, slowdowns, lockups?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The performance on my shield tablet has degraded over time. When I am in graphically demanding games it works just fine, I more mean things like waking from sleep or using the browser and things like that. Every once in a while it struggles so badly it finally just reboots.

Is this an anomaly or are others seeing this? (wifi only model)... using a 64gb microsd to store most of my videos and large games.

Thinking of doing a factory reset if it keeps this up.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Pedalboy

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this as well. I have noticed a number of programs run very slow and the machine freezing. It seems weird that a machine with a supposedly fast processor is always bogged down...just powered up and it seems like it is instantly peppier. I hope this continues. Thank you.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just like your Android phone, a tablet gets loaded down with junk over time in the cache partition. As B. Diddy suggested a cache wipe always seems to do the trick. Its a habit I make with any of the my android devices to perform usually once a month just to clean things up.

relic74

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue that plagues every Android tablet or phone sooner or later. The best thing to do is a factory reset, install all of your apps again, than backup up the system. Going foward save all of your files onto a SD card. Than once a month just do complete wipe, restore using your backup and your back in business. Their are a couple of custom recoverys that provide these functionality.

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I feel like the Shield tablet is particularly bad at any sort of multitasking. Run a single app like a game and it runs great. As soon as you start switching apps, it falls apart. Part of it may be app specific, because I've definitely noticed an improvement when I switched from Chrome to Firefox. On the other hand, I've never had to wipe the cache on any other Android device except this one to restore performance.

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't felt the need to wipe the cache on my Shield Tablet yet but won't be surprised if I do at some point. I have needed to do that multiple times on my Nexus 5, usually after a software update. I really don't have any complaints about the current performance of my Shield Tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty