Why are all messages I see time stamped 5 hours ahead? (Off by +5 hrs)

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
YES! My time zone is set correctly in my profile settings. Eastern Time (NJ - EDST)). When I post this message at 5:35PM the time stamp on the message shows 10:35PM.

2016-08-21_17-35-33.png

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Long story short, there are two different time zone settings. One in your PassPort profile, which you have set to EDST and another that's on the site profile, which was set to Western Europe, London, Lisobon, Casablanca. I have changed that setting and hopefully that has corrected the issue for you. Please let me know either way, if it doesn't fix it I'll escalate.

Thanks!

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Long story short, there are two different time zone settings. One in your PassPort profile, which you have set to EDST and another that's on the site profile, which was set to Western Europe, London, Lisobon, Casablanca. I have changed that setting and hopefully that has corrected the issue for you. Please let me know either way, if it doesn't fix it I'll escalate.

Thanks!

I've logged out, cleared browsing data in Chrome and Firefox and it's still 5 hours off for me. The other MoNa sites are correct as well as my passport login.

Screenshot_2016-08-22-17-42-18.jpg

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
OK forwarding on to people with magic powers

Sorry to thread highjack but I have a similar issue with my profile too. In my passport profile i have my time zone set to Pacific standard time GMT -8. But on the site its showing as GMT +1 so all my times are off by 8 hours... i've tried the autodetect DST settings, DST settings always on and always off and i get the same results. Tried clearing my browser cache/cookies and still no go too.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to thread highjack but I have a similar issue with my profile too. In my passport profile i have my time zone set to Pacific standard time GMT -8. But on the site its showing as GMT +1 so all my times are off by 8 hours... i've tried the autodetect DST settings, DST settings always on and always off and i get the same results. Tried clearing my browser cache/cookies and still no go too.

You actually had the same time zone setting as the OP - fixed it, a log out and log back in should have you sorted. Let me know if it doesn't work please. Thanks!

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
You actually had the same time zone setting as the OP - fixed it, a log out and log back in should have you sorted. Let me know if it doesn't work please. Thanks!
woohoo i'm good to go now. thanks! I had to turn on DST though since it was 1 hour behind even with the autodetect settings on.

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
woohoo i'm good to go now. thanks! I had to turn on DST though since it was 1 hour behind even with the autodetect settings on.

Ok i spoke too soon. After browsing around for 5 minutes by time zone jumped back to GMT +1 again. I tried logging out, clearing cache/cookies and its stuck again. :'(

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I'm in the pacific time zone and have that selected in my profile, but all the time stamps are 16 hours behind. I replied to a post at 8:47pm, but it showed 4:47am.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have written this up properly for our tech team to take a closer look. I have noticed this as well, but it seems to be an intermittent issue.

Thanks for the continued reports! We appreciate it!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I'm in the pacific time zone and have that selected in my profile, but all the time stamps are 16 hours behind. I replied to a post at 8:47pm, but it showed 4:47am.

You should be good to go - log out and back in and let me know please.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I'll do the Test suggested by "Aquila" as well..'cause it's been an issue
for me too, since I created the account on Ac.com: Let's see..which
is the final result: My PC is set up to PET=Pacific Easter Time

like Nevada, WA State,.etc. My current time in the Canada
province, where I reside is: 06:15 PM here it goes.
I'll Signed out and Singned In again-Action >>>

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Here's the infamous SAM's-Gs7 the time Shown on the Sent it
post is 02:15 : The timing match the : Hour 02 +mins 15: But the
indiscrete question that arise is..Where is the head quarter
of AC - If is a Top secret don't revealed. Is in the US or...?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
:cool: Here's the infamous SAM's-Gs7 the time Shown on the Sent it
post is 02:15 : The timing match the : Hour 02 +mins 15: But the
indiscrete question that arise is..Where is the head quarter
of AC - If is a Top secret don't revealed. Is in the US or...?

Florida maybe? But Mobile Nations, Android Central's parent company has offices and people in many parts of the world, such as the US, Canada, UK, and India for example.