Why do I keep getting an error page every time I try to ask a question here??

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello all, I am trying to ask a question about the site here, but every time I click the Submit button, i get take to a page with a bunch of technical error data on it....

[] operator not supported for strings on line 140 in /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/mvb-mods/mn_qa/hooks/showthread_start.php
#0 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/packages/mn_qa/hooks/showthread_start--mnqa_showthread_start.php(2): require()
#1 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/showthread.php(118) : eval()'d code(2): include('/web/forums.and...')
#2 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/showthread.php(118): eval()
#3 /web/forums.androidcentral.com/www/vbseo.php(1232): require('/web/forums.and...')
#4 {main}

Is this intended, or something wrong with the website??

PS. If I have posted this question before, it is because it has happened SO many times before, and I do not appear to be allowed to ask a question here, even after logging in.
It almost feels like I have to be a Computer Engineer to even use this website, and it is frustrating!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using any ad blockers or VPN? Some sites (this one included) may 'bork' certain modules when these are blocked from loading, and some ad blockers or VPN services too aggressively block stuff that might not be ads but actual, working parts of the site...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, how are you accessing the forums? On your device or computer? Using a browser or one of the Android Central apps?

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Are you using any ad blockers or VPN? Some sites (this one included) may 'bork' certain modules when these are blocked from loading, and some ad blockers or VPN services too aggressively block stuff that might not be ads but actual, working parts of the site...

I do have a couple of ad blockers on this browser, but did not realize they would be interfering with forum posts, Thanks for the heads up!!

Also, how are you accessing the forums? On your device or computer? Using a browser or one of the Android Central apps?

I am using my laptop at home, so from Firefox!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, as already suggested, see what happens if you turn off the ad blockers (or at least turn one of them off to see if you can narrow down the suspects). It's also worth seeing if the problem occurs on Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

CruelCarlos

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
Could my luck possibly be that bad? Could I have chosen the absolute worst phone to root before I knew a rooting was? I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 snapdragon via Verizon and a partridge in a pear tree. Apparently every variant of the S7 except for mine can be rooted. Even the successors to the Samsung flagship title, the S's 8 & 9, have available root methods. Now that's just a slap in my face.
I'm the Al Bundy of Android phones. I am certain I read that my phone could be rooted if I downgraded from Oreo to nougat. Then I read that Samsung made it impossible to do the very thing I read could be done days before. Ain't that a *****?

It's a hell of a phone, my favorite phone, and the very best one I've ever owned. I'd love to continue using it minus the battery busting bloatware with a few tweaks here and there and a partridge in a pear tree for the foreseeable future, but no, I'm more screwed than a times square hooker during fleet week or so it may seem. I'm at the end of my rope. I've liked a few of the other handsets I've tried as I've had a chance to, but thus far nothing has pumped me up. What I have come up with is a big fat nothing except for the nagging noticeable pattern of distraction and/or massive internet slow down that always seemed to end in time out I'd get when I think I'm near a solution. The latest disappointment comes from Naziesque Google again. Apparently, terminal emulators are not allowed to give you Superuser privileged unless add from another package. So it seems the tool used to become root needs to d/l a special tool so you can become root.

Tried to invoke ancient spells with commands such as, su, -su, chroot, and the usual suspects and all I got back for living in syntax was a Could my luck possibly be that bad? Could I have chosen the absolute worst phone to root before I knew a rooting was? I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 snapdragon via Verizon and a partridge in a pear tree. Apparently every variant of the S7 except for mine can be rooted. Even the Successors to the Samsung flagship title, the S's 8 & 9, have available root methods. Now that's just a slap in my face.
I'm the Al Bundy of Android phones. I am certain I read that my phone could be rooted if I downgraded from Oreo to nougat. Then I read that Samsung made it impossible to do the very thing I read could be done days before

It's a hell of a phone, my favorite phone, and the very best one I've ever owned. I'd love to continue using it minus bloatware with a few tweaks here and there for the foreseeable future, but no, I'm more screwed than a times square hooker during fleet week or so it may seem. I'm at the end of my rope. I've liked a few of the other handsets I've tried as I've had a chance to, but thus far nothing has pumped me up. What I have come up with is a big fat nothing except for the nagging noticeable pattern of distraction and/or massive internet slow down I seem to get when I think I'm near a solution. The latest disappointment comes from Naziesque Google again. Apparently, terminal emulators are not allowed to give you Superuser privileged unless add from another package. So it seems the tool used to become root needs to d/l a special tool so you can become root. Tried to invoke ancient spells with commands such as, su, -su, chroot, and the usual suspects and all I got back for living in syntax was a big F U. Sorry, fu -a ss /you/do/not/get/super-duper-status/ :: haha good-night. [loser] . at first it was promising and I seemed up for it, but alas, twas not to be.
As far as Androids go, I'm realizing you just can't fall in love again. You can only be burned so many times before you fear the chainfire.
Not to worry, some clever dev will dev. will come up with another clever marketing ploy for idiots to fall for. Till then I hold what's left of a new hope in a thimble.
Help me Android-Wan Permission, you're my only hope. F U. Sorry, fu -a ss /you/do/not/get/super-duper-status/ :: haha good-night. [loser] . at first it was promising and I seemed up for it, but alas, twas not to be.
As far as Androids go, I'm realizing you just can't fall in love again. You can only be burned so many times before you fear the chainfire.
Not to worry, some clever dev will dev. will come up with another clever marketing ploy for idiots to fall for. Till then I hold what's left of a new hope in a thimble.
Help me Android-Wan Permission, you're my only hope.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, @CruelCarlos! You posted in a thread about problems posting in this forum, which is not the right place for your question. I recommend posting your question again as a new thread in a more appropriate subforum (like Ask A Question, General Help, or Galaxy S7).