Smart watches, advice and opinions needed!

Lisagiggs

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to get a smart watch but am not sure which to get. I know the galaxy watch 3 hasn't dropped yet, but I'd be considering that, or the new huawei gte 2 bc of the insane battery life. Just not sure its be worth it to do so in the states. If it makes a difference, I have a galaxy s10plus. What do yall think? Any recommendations? I am particularly interested in sleep tracking and having a stop watch on it.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Smartwatches subforum and boosted the title some to better express what you asking for. Good luck, there's definitely lots of choices these days.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you are after sleep tracking and daily use, forget about WearOS. Unless you dont mind regular morning/evening re-charges.

The new Galaxy watch 3 in either 41mm or 45mm has a significantly smaller battery than the Original 46mm galaxy. Early reviews of the Galaxy watch 3 45mm generally have it as a 1.5 day duration between re-charges. Thats a considerable drop off from the original Galaxy watch, and not much better than WearOS.

I think you should look at Garmin or fitbit for sleep tracking and stopwatch timing. I am a big fan of the amazfit watches... IMHO they are more geared towards fitness tracking than smart-features. But my Stratos has been "smart enough" for my needs. I think Garmin or fitbit are a good starting point.

Good Luck!!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The Huawei sleep tracking app is the most in depth I have ever used and most detailed and accurate. Just turn on tru sleep.

I recommend the Huawei GT.

Here is an example of my sleep trackingsporthealth-1-20200816-203709.jpeg

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Who the White House bans, when they ban, and what exactly gets banned is anyones guess. Seems to be a revolving flavor of the month kind of thing.

Despite all the rants from our government there still are lots of Huawei fans, still using their devices in some capacity. FWIW... the US government has not ranted a word against Honor (smartwatch sub-brand of Huawei). Note also... there seems to be some kind of "partnership" between Huawei/Honor and Xiaomi/Amazfit/Huami. As the open source communities appear to be on common grounds as far as watch face downloads and open source sharing goes. But the government has not banned Xiaomi/Amazfit/Huami either.

I have downloaded dozens of watch faces from this site for my Stratos:
https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/

Good Luck though with whatever you chose.

Last edited: