Basic question about standalone Android smartwatches (Q1, D6 ...)

nikosbocho

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
On an Android wear smartwatch when I type an address in Google Maps on my smartphone it automatically sends the directions to the smartwatch. For a smartwatch that runs standalone Android (Finow Q1,No. 1 D6 etc) is it possible to do the same thing? That is type the address on the smartphone and automatically pass it to the smartwatch? Or do I have to type the address on the small smartphone? I've read that is possible to pair those smartwatches to a phone but I haven't found any details.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A quick look at those, they're not really Android WEAR, they're just plain old Android set with a watch centric interface (but not designed from the ground up to be a watch os, like Android Wear).

I figure you'd use it for maps just like you'd use your phone. As far as pairing it with your phone, you'd need to ask the manufacturer for their directions and limitations.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
A quick look at those, they're not really Android WEAR, they're just plain old Android set with a watch centric interface (but not designed from the ground up to be a watch os, like Android Wear).
Yep,as someone said,they put an Android system into a watch.I also installed Google map in my D5+.(yep non Android wear)I don't know if this works,I usually type on the small screen.

EDIT:I'm confused whether the Google map supports this function or the watch does.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On a side note, seeing how much battery drain is on a full size device with maps running, I can only imagine how long that watch will run (android wear and tizen generally only get about 24hrs of "normal" use.) without gps and a moving map screen. Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise :)

KAZIKD

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
On an Android wear smartwatch when I type an address in Google Maps on my smartphone it automatically sends the directions to the smartwatch. For a smartwatch that runs standalone Android (Finow Q1,No. 1 D6 etc) is it possible to do the same thing? That is type the address on the smartphone and automatically pass it to the smartwatch? Or do I have to type the address on the small smartphone? I've read that is possible to pair those smartwatches to a phone but I haven't found any details.

Hi I have three stand alone watches including Q1 and the short answer is yes you can. (Here is the long answer) You can in the respect of eg its like owning two phones add long as you are in the same account you can search on one and get directions save the location then view it on the other and visa versa.
P.s. This is my first comment on here really hope it helps I have been in IT and mobile industry for 20 years and I programme please feel free to ask me anything :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles