News Google and Apple's cross-platform unwanted tracking notifications are finally rolling out on iOS and Android

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I find the whole Bluetooth Trackers thing a bit odd. Maybe I just don't really yet understand enough how Apple's Air Tags work ( for example) within the greater iOS context, but it seems wrong to me that these things can piggy back function with the help of any iOS phone that happens to pass by, without the explicit permission of the owner of the phone. Wouldn't sorting that out as a controllable setting be a more suitable first principles way of preventing nefarious use than what is now being suggested? And, for people that do use them for legitimate purposes (like to track if their vehicle gets stolen, for example), isn't the feature now being introduced just going to help enable vehicle theifs to detect if the vehicles they steal have trackers in them?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I find the whole Bluetooth Trackers thing a bit odd. Maybe I just don't really yet understand enough how Apple's Air Tags work ( for example) within the greater iOS context, but it seems wrong to me that these things can piggy back function with the help of any iOS phone that happens to pass by, without the explicit permission of the owner of the phone. Wouldn't sorting that out as a controllable setting be a more suitable first principles way of preventing nefarious use than what is now being suggested? And, for people that do use them for legitimate purposes (like to track if their vehicle gets stolen, for example), isn't the feature now being introduced just going to help enable vehicle theifs to detect if the vehicles they steal have trackers in them?
good questions 👍

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostbytes