libwebcore.so

dato

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have custom-built a libwebcore.so that would generate some profiling data. Alas, by default the data is written to disk only when libwebcore.so is unloaded, or if certain environment variable is set to enable dumping the data more frequently. My question:

1. It seems to me that libwebcore.so is loaded very early in the start-up process. Is there a way to set the said environment variable before it's loaded? I am wondering if there's a file where you can export/set the variable that would get executed as part of the boot process, similar to .bash_login and such files on Linux?

2. libwebcore.so seems to never get unloaded. I tried killing the browser process, and libwebcore.so still stays loaded. Is there a way to unload it? Or how can I find out which process or processes are still holding on to libwebcore.so?

Thank you for your insight.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Not really insight but a guess...
I do beloved all the *.so files are the framework components of android allowing apps to use the hardware
To change these you would have to decompile your rom and edit the *.so files source then recompile them but if ur not careful you could cause it to not work
Like I said I'm just guessing
hope I could help
Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums