Is my MK802 ICS-on-a-stick rooted? Can I Flash CWM?

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered this little ICS 4.0 mini pc that plugs into the hdmi port of a tv. Maybe I'm crazy but I seem to have root access straight out of the box. I downloaded rom manager, root explorer, and titanium backup from the playstore. root explorer will let me go to /data/app/ and send any apk to dropbox. I've run batch backups on Titanium backup. Rom Manager offers me the option to flash CWM recovery.

Should I flash CWM? Will it brick my device? Is there a different CWM for each android device?

Devs and hackers, help!

beefsack

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Disclaimer: I work for miniand.com and we sell the MK802.

The MK802 comes rooted from the factory, if you download a terminal app and type "su" you'll see you get root straight away.

We are currently writing up a guide on flash recovery of the device so it can be fixed after bricking it, however we still need to test that it can recover the bootloader too. I'd hold off install of CWM until people can confirm the bootloader is recoverable with the firmware flash.

Some other interesting news, over the past few days we successfully installed Ubuntu on the device: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo