Using two phones as one big one with one sim card.

uandc

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to sync two identical model phones with an app into one big screen phone with just one sim card. Kind of like the Nec Medias W N-05E

So if I had a custom case made where two phones can be folded and unfolded, is there anyway to program the second phone kind of like Master/ Slave, but everything works the same as far as touch screen features as one big phone and maybe even split screen functions can be modified for optimal use of two phones.

If not,

Maybe a physical connection between the two via cable or maybe a tine hole drilled in each phone and something soldered on each phone’s inner components cabling them together.

Cheers

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to sync two identical model phones with an app into one big screen phone with just one sim card. Kind of like the Nec Medias W N-05E

So if I had a custom case made where two phones can be folded and unfolded, is there anyway to program the second phone kind of like Master/ Slave, but everything works the same as far as touch screen features as one big phone and maybe even split screen functions can be modified for optimal use of two phones.

If not,

Maybe a physical connection between the two via cable or maybe a tine hole drilled in each phone and something soldered on each phone’s inner components cabling them together.

Cheers

you could run a hotspot on one phone and connect the other phone to it via wifi. use Google Voice for voice. but you wouldn't get simultaneous full use of both phones and not sure how practical or for what purpose all of this would be.

best to just buy two phone and two sim cards if necessary.

uandc

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I want simplicity so when you turn it on I don't have to go into menus and sync it every time, plus I'm guessing hotspot would drain the battery on both a lot faster. I guess I'm looking at something like the Asus PsdFone X concept only for two equally sized phones where one is master and one is slave and no hotspot, I wonder if it's easier to do on two 5" PadFones as far as connecting them by physical means.

two sims won't work since i would have two numbers which would complicate things even more

Cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A VNC server on the slave and a VNC viewer on the master, maybe?

@Madd:
I can't PM you so please PM me with a link to this thread (so this old used-up brain will know why I asked you to).

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I want simplicity so when you turn it on I don't have to go into menus and sync it every time, plus I'm guessing hotspot would drain the battery on both a lot faster. I guess I'm looking at something like the Asus PsdFone X concept only for two equally sized phones where one is master and one is slave and no hotspot, I wonder if it's easier to do on two 5" PadFones as far as connecting them by physical means.

two sims won't work since i would have two numbers which would complicate things even more

Cheers

what exactly are you trying to accomplish by all of this? why are you so special that you need two phones on one SIM card? are you splitting the atom or next in line for POTUS?

uandc

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Forgive me if it’s too offensive for you from a newbie, but are you working on your thread count. If there is a question that means there is a need for it, why do anything why ask anything why participate in a forum with no input. If you have nothing to contribute then please don’t waste valuable band width and storage space on this forum. And yes I’m very special, only special people ask what if , is this possible , how can I make this… and set an example for the rest of the world when they find the correct answer.

Cheers

what exactly are you trying to accomplish by all of this? why are you so special that you need two phones on one SIM card? are you splitting the atom or next in line for POTUS?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if it’s too offensive for you from a newbie, but are you working on your thread count. If there is a question that means there is a need for it, why do anything why ask anything why participate in a forum with no input. If you have nothing to contribute then please don’t waste valuable band width and storage space on this forum. And yes I’m very special, only special people ask what if , is this possible , how can I make this… and set an example for the rest of the world when they find the correct answer.

Cheers

answer the question. because i'm genuinely curious as to WTF you're trying to accomplish and why.

uandc

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I’m a dino with a cheap 3 character per physical dumb phone and matchbook at home, health issues force me to be more outside so can’t carry my laptop with me anymore,
Also bad vision so looking at satiny screen for internet browsing is hard fro me since some pages do not zoom in yet on my matchbook there is no fast zoom in so that feature is critical to me on a small devise. if I had a custom made foldable case ( I have experience with mold making so I can make it) with two phones that increases my screen to twice the size making things easier a little bit still not the same as proper size laptop, but it’s a start and when folded portable enough to use as a phone.

The problem is all this synchronizing via wifi, hotspot or via LTE server and other apps will slow down the phone, my internet speed and drain the battery even more, so I’m more curios in the engineering aspect if it s possible to link the tow via cable plug in or permanent soldering so least amount of relying on third party additions so it always runs smoothly.

cheers.

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there is a simple, reliable solution here. I think it would be easier to find a portable phablet.

Alternatively you might research existing dual screen phones (YotaPhone?), maybe they provide additional accessibility options.