Development/Developer Tools for Android?

anon(9057135)

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I use Android Studio on My PC. I'm wondering are there any apps to create apps on Android? And What are Some Great apps/programs for Developing for Android for PC and Android?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering are there any apps to create apps on Android?
If you consider paint by number "painting" or using a brownie mix in a box "creating brownies", yes. But an app produced by an app-producing app is like Delmonico's serving you a raw hot dog on a paper plate. It's food, isn't it? (There are companies known for not understanding how Android works, and their apps really do the opposite of what they claim to do in some cases - but that's what happens when you use an app, probably written by someone who doesn't understand Android, to write Android apps for you.)

There are no shortcuts - understanding the environment for which you're writing is the most important thing, so you have to study Android - what it has and how it works. (So you don't end up writing an app that "cleans RAM" - which is like letting all the stale air out of your tires or oll the old blood out of your veins.)

Then you have to learn computer programming. Then you have to learn Java. (Learning a computer language is no more learning programming than learning French is learning how to practice medicine in France.)

Just jumping in and creating apps without actually knowing how to write apps gives you the kind apps that have comments on the Play Store page like "never worked" and "don't waste your time".

anon(9057135)

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If you consider paint by number "painting" or using a brownie mix in a box "creating brownies", yes. But an app produced by an app-producing app is like Delmonico's serving you a raw hot dog on a paper plate. It's food, isn't it? (There are companies known for not understanding how Android works, and their apps really do the opposite of what they claim to do in some cases - but that's what happens when you use an app, probably written by someone who doesn't understand Android, to write Android apps for you.)

There are no shortcuts - understanding the environment for which you're writing is the most important thing, so you have to study Android - what it has and how it works. (So you don't end up writing an app that "cleans RAM" - which is like letting all the stale air out of your tires or oll the old blood out of your veins.)

Then you have to learn computer programming. Then you have to learn Java. (Learning a computer language is no more learning programming than learning French is learning how to practice medicine in France.)

Just jumping in and creating apps without actually knowing how to write apps gives you the kind apps that have comments on the Play Store page like "never worked" and "don't waste your time".

Lol, I already know how to code apps. I was curious if there was any tools for devs.

Posted via the Android Central App

dorukoz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Andengine,libgdx libraries to develop game.I think Eclipse better than Android Studio to develop Android apps.Unity is very complicated application but you can develop ios,android and windows mobile application same platform.Genymotion is very useful to test your app on devices.

BitGriff

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Andengine,libgdx libraries to develop game.I think Eclipse better than Android Studio to develop Android apps.Unity is very complicated application but you can develop ios,android and windows mobile application same platform.Genymotion is very useful to test your app on devices.
Cocos2d-x, Corona, Marmalade can be used for game development too.

I agree with you about Eclipse. Eclipse has more powerful features, than Android Studio.

Yes, Unity is a complex tool, but it's a leading mobile 3d engine. If you need powerful 3d graphics and game features Unity is the best choice.