Device doesn't recognise virtual keyboard

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've just created a simple keyboard following a youtube tutorial. I've turned on debugging and installed the previously exported .apk file (no errors reported during compilation). What I'm left with is the android studio console saying "Client not ready yet...", but I have no clue what this refers to. I've selected the installed keyboard for debugging in Developer Options, but that doesn't seem to be of any help sadly. Whenever I go to my language settings to choose the keyboard as my current input method, it is never there as an option. I don't know whether this is an android related issue as I'm not really much of a programmer, and seeing as I have no idea what might be causing this, I don't know where to pitch my question, so please excuse my ignorance.
What should I do?
Thanks in advance,
- Aleksandar

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the keyboard isn't there to choose, it never installed. Try restarting the phone and see if the "Client not ready yet..." goes away.

If not, I suggest 2 things.

1. Start with a much less ambitions project, like one that opens a screen that has "Hello, World!" output to it. (If it workd, AS is working and the phone is hooked up properly.)

2. Learn programming, Java and Kotlin before going any further.

If you're "not much of a programmer", about all you should be doing is writing little functions for someone who's developing a project - and learning how to develop software. You're trying to program without knowing how to program - that's like setting a broken leg without knowing anything about medicine. You're in way over your head at this point. Wade back to shore and start learning. You can't program an app if you aren't at least a mid-level programmer. (For all that everyone says, you don't "build apps" or "make apps", yo do those things with apps that do the work for you - you just drag and drop things to them, click on what you want them to do, and they do them. If you want to write a program ("app" is short for "application" which means "user software"), you have to learn how to write a program - there's no shortcut.

Once the app is running in Android studio (you did check that, didn't you?), compiling it and installing it should just move a working app into the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo