Questions for XA owners

clarao

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in need of a budget phone and I can get a really good deal on an Xperia XA. But I just had questions for owners of the phone:

How is the mic? Does it take good voice recordings? I have a hearing impairment and due to this I often take voice recordings of 2 hour + university lectures so I need that to be decent.

Also, how loud is the sound through the earphones? I rarely listen to music with speakers, so that isn't an issue.

Any other thoughts or issues? I am aware of the battery issue.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sorry you've not had an answer. I'll try my best to help. I briefly had the XA and minus me, I think by just bad luck getting two that had software issues, that it was an overall good phone for $250. The speaker phone you ask about is average to normal. Not overly low nor to me not loud enough but all phones lack the extra sound needed to talk and here by speaker. Screen resolution is decent at 720 and speed was average. Not bad. Overall if there is any way you can get best buy to knock $50 off, I'd jump on it. You'll enjoy the phone just as long as you don't have the luck I did with software messing up. I've since upgraded to the model up to the X and I will say that between the two there are very noticeable differences in speed and resolution. Had it not been for best buy offering me a free upgrade to the X for the 199 I paid in the beginning for the XA, that I would still have it. Hope this helps.

ffosse

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The mic(s) are very good - Sony's own Audio Recorder app does a fine job of recording stereo in high quality setting (there are other lower quality settings which use less space.)

Overall it's a respectable mid-range device with practically no bezel at the side. I've had no regrets in the 6 weeks I've owned mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87