Which one to buy ampong XPERIA z1, nexus 5 or HTC One dual?

chattingrahul

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am confused about which phone should I buy. I have concluded to these three phones; nexus 5, htc one dual and xperia z1.

NEXUS 5: I dont like the build design of nexus 5 but it will be getting all the updates for 18 months I think. Currently it is running on 4.4.2 which is latest from google. Nexus 5 camera is average. Confused a bit about what to prefer build design or latest updates?

XPERIA z1: Build is good but a bit larger in the hand. also running 4.3 android. Sony released kitkat for z1 last month but it is creating issues. Z1 has best camera and multimedia but not updtes its OS. Which should I prefer better multimedia or latest updates? Also SONY android is not pure android. Could anyone please tell me the what changes SONY or other manufacturers made in the actual android. Do they remove few features from actual?

HTC ONE: Does it really worth to buy a phone with less specs at the same price? Although it has a very good build design and camera. Hope it will be providing best multimedia experience.

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've owned the Z1, last years HTC One, and the nexus 4. Honestly, i ended selling my Z1 and buying an LG G2. My reasoning was because although the phone looked good, it was big to hold and wasn't very ergonomic; especially holding it with one hand. The camera on the Z1 was actually kind of disappointing. Their Auto feature made things have a yellowish tint, while Manual mode was great, but you had to put a lot of effort into it for a really good shot. I went with the G2 because the screen was really big without making the phone itself too big. The buttons on the back seem gimmicky but you get used to them (and appreciate them) after a couple weeks. The camera is seriously one of the best on the market; period. Its built in OIS is remarkable and their Auto setting is amazing. Its actually on 4.4.2 right now.

And although the M8 is great to look at and hold (surprisingly isn't too wieldy), the camera on that thing is ridiculous. Will your pictures look good on the phone? absolutely. But put them on anything bigger or zoom in just a hair and your photos are grainy.

Just my two cents :). But ask any questions if you'd like i'd be more than happy to help you out.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a z1s and my fiance just got a nexus 5 there a pros and cons battery on the z1s camera and build but the nexus 5 has screen updates and less bezeled so fits in the hand nice I really liked the z1s but the bezels and no updates are getting a bit annoying

Posted via Android Central App

lorcar

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
the reasons I chose Z1 over nexus: battery + waterproofness (i dont use it in the pool, but it's not uncommon to have it wet by accident) + one hand

very happy with the choice, even though i'd like a bigger screen, but I dislike phones too big.
My next choice would have been Motorola X, or next coming Motorola X+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non