T-Mobile Rep Wouldn't Sell Me The Xperia Z1S!

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!

I opened a new line of service yeaterday with T-MOBILE.

I wasn't sure what phone I wanted, but ended up with the LG G Flex.

I was really into the Z1S, but the rep said that it has red ring of death issues like the xbox?

I've done some searching, but cant really find any info on this.

Has anyone experienced this on thier device? Or had any other major issues that would make you stay cleat of the z1s?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: TMobile Rep Wouldn't Sell Me The Z1S!

Hey all!

I opened a new line of service yeaterday with T-MOBILE.

I wasn't sure what phone I wanted, but ended up with the LG G Flex.

I was really into the Z1S, but the rep said that it has red ring of death issues like the xbox?

I've done some searching, but cant really find any info on this.

Has anyone experienced this on thier device? Or had any other major issues that would make you stay cleat of the z1s?

Thanks!

That is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. The truth of the matter is that the Flex is significantly more expensive than the Z1s, so the rep wanted to take advantage. I've never even heard of a red ring of death on phones. Mine has been for the past month.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. Kinda odd right?

I mean the flex has been good so far. Still giving it the full run down, but its BIG. Lol.

She told me the sony has a bug in it. That the red charging light comes on and stays on. Then the phone won't charge or turn on at all.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. Kinda odd right?

I mean the flex has been good so far. Still giving it the full run down, but its BIG. Lol.

She told me the sony has a bug in it. That the red charging light comes on and stays on. Then the phone won't charge or turn on at all.

Idk about other owners, but my Z1s has never experienced this.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info folks. Interested to hear what others have experienced good and bad with the z1s.

Sounds like a solid device to me, not sure how I like the flex yet...

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had a device since launch day and not had any issues at all. That's a new one by me...

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Z1s since in-store release day and have not had this problem or any problem.....I love this phone.

smurfercom

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. Kinda odd right?

She was probably trying to charge a dead demo phone and didn't realize the light is supposed to be red when the battery is under a certain percentage. She probably wasn't aware of the reset button located in the sim compartment either. She probably didn't know the light goes green when 90% charge has occurred, under 90% it turns green/red. Those bugs she told you about are not listed in the Sony forums what so ever. My Z1S has performed without issue since day one and that's well over a month now. Took some underwater scuba shots of my friend testing his scuba turbo thingy. I'd get a water proof phone over any LG regardless.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I love the z1s,i just wish the screen was big enough for the massive frame it uses. As far as I know tmobile reps don't care what phone you get (I bet they were out of stock).

Note 3 ~ 5s

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I did have to return my first one because the magnetic charging ports stopped working. I was also having issues trying to power it off (only fully powered off if I held Power and Volume Up at same time. Not as drastic as what you said, but it did have some problems. Second one has been great.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. The Flex has been pretty solid so far, but I just accepted a job and found out they are giving me one for free! So, makes sense to switch devices. No need to have 2 of the same right?

TsuaSai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
A bit off topic here. But I was in tmoblie getting info the other day. The rep there told me I had to get Jump and what was the 2gb plan. From there I could call and have Jump removed and the plan moved to what was the 500mb plan. Online I have no issues by a phone the way I want so I think he was trying to make something off of me too. Unless someone else knows of this being true.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is the 500mb plan a Simple Choice plan or prepaid? If it is prepaid, the rep could be right. I don't think you can get JUMP with a prepaid plan. I'm no expert but that is my understanding.