Experia Z2 or the Galaxy S5?

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Im split between the two. Going for the S5 is removable batt, fingerprint, download boost, ultra batt saver, 32gb memory, fadt charge. Going for Z2 is beautiful design, better camera, 3GB RAM, stereo speakers, 5.2" screen.

The dedicated two stage camera hardware button seems to be the deal breaker for me and swaying me to the Z2. But the removable batt of the S5 has saved me a couple of times when im out and about.

Your thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. For me 4K is one of the features I'm looking for and both phones have them. I'd have to see though, from what I've seen posted thus far, the S5 looks to have better 4K video quality than the S2. I'm waiting for more S2 videos to be posted.

For me the S2 will be a tougher find since there's still no announcement about whether it will show up on AT&T. That would leave importing it, unless Sony in the U.S. sells an unlocked version.

What's that 2 stage dedicated camera button you mention?

vamp464

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Most likely referring to the Z2 having a shutter button much like a modern digicam, with half-press locking the focus/exposure etc and pressure further down to finally release the shutter and snap a pic. Fancy feature if true.

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. For me 4K is one of the features I'm looking for and both phones have them. I'd have to see though, from what I've seen posted thus far, the S5 looks to have better 4K video quality than the S2. I'm waiting for more S2 videos to be posted.

For me the S2 will be a tougher find since there's still no announcement about whether it will show up on AT&T. That would leave importing it, unless Sony in the U.S. sells an unlocked version.

Its just a dedicated camera button on the side. Just like the digicams now. You half press it so it will focus, then press all the way for it to take the pic. Pressing the button also opens the camera right away (even if phone is locked). I imagine it would be the fastest way to open the camera app compared to all others now where you swipe on the camera logo to open, and then tap on the screen to focus.

How about picture quality in AUTO mode? Which seems to take the better pictures? I ask about this since 90% of my taking pics will be with auto anyways as i dont mess with settings (i dont understand iso and all that other stuff AND having to adjust settings and the moment passes you by). I feel its more about whipping out the phone from my pocket and capturing the moment, so this must be done in least amount time possible.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How about picture quality in AUTO mode? Which seems to take the better pictures? I ask about this since 90% of my taking pics will be with auto anyways as i dont mess with settings (i dont understand iso and all that other stuff AND having to adjust settings and the moment passes you by). I feel its more about whipping out the phone from my pocket and capturing the moment, so this must be done in least amount time possible.

Thanks for the button explanation hdradaza. I haven't looked at the pictures, only the video. To be honest, it seems that almost any of the top phones today will produce very good pictures, even in Auto mode. I see more variability when it comes to taking videos and that's why I look more closely at that.

It's hard to believe you'd be disappointed with any of the top phones' picture taking capabilities these days.

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the button explanation hdradaza. I haven't looked at the pictures, only the video. To be honest, it seems that almost any of the top phones today will produce very good pictures, even in Auto mode. I see more variability when it comes to taking videos and that's why I look more closely at that.

It's hard to believe you'd be disappointed with any of the top phones' picture taking capabilities these days.

Ya i agree. And i just heard of the upcoming HTC One (the new one) with two lenses. That could be interesting.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to decide exactly the same thing! I pre ordered a purple Z2 today though. The bigger battery, water proofing, noise cancellation, stereo Mic accessory, cheaper wristband with longer battery life, dedicated camera button and waterproofing swing it fit me in the end.

But you won't be disappointed with either I don't think!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo