Sprint LG v20 still the best

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
"The company reportedly only shipped ***3.9 million Pixel phones in 2017, according to IDC research director Francisco Jeronimo. For Google, that's not too shabby for a newcomer -- it's twice the number of Pixels from the year before -- but overall it's still pretty weak, and a sign that there's a long road ahead before the company even comes close to challenging Apple and Samsung.

iPhone and Galaxy phone sales dwarfed Pixel by a massive margin. Apple sold ***216.7 million iPhones and Samsung sold ***316.4 million Android smartphones last year, according to IDC numbers."

https://mashable.com/2018/02/13/google-pixel-3-9-million-shipments-weak/

What's keeping Google's smartphone department alive? Even HTC is losing money each year, how is Google still able to survive when a veteran smartphone maker like HTC is barely surviving? The answer is Google itself is a very large company and the losses from their phones is nothing to them. It probably costed them much more money hiring people to design it and create the software for it (and paying manufacturers like LG and HTC to actually produce the hardware), they did not gain profit from it if you consider how much money and time they invested. Even The Essential phone company nearly got bankrupt... Google has a massive backup rainy day fund which is the entire company itself.

Fun fact: Google bought out the internet radio company, Songza, only to completely shut down the service and promote their awful Google music instead. Google also bought out Motorola, kept their patents, then sold it to Lenovo. They are doing the same with HTC as well... Google+ is still running although not a single soul I personally know uses it, Google needs to give up on social media and shut it down. This is not fake, research and fact check it yourself. ***Google did NOT invent Android nor YouTube, they were bought out... typical Monopoly move.

More insight:
Google quietly acquired Android in 2005 for an undisclosed price which has been estimated at $50 million. (Google's annual report for 2005 says the company spent a total of $130 million on acquisitions that year.)

In 2005 the web was in desperate need of a video hub, and Google TRIED to create one with the poorly named Google Videos (a naming concept the company refuses to reinvent). But the site failed to catch on as quickly as YouTube, which had more social features and extremely popular pirated TV clips (try to find a 2006 feature about YouTube that doesn’t mention “Lazy Sunday”). At the time of its acquisition, YouTube was one of the world’s fastest-growing websites, and its executives had a clear understanding of what users wanted out of a video site. As the adage goes: IF YOU CAN’T BEAT THEM, BUY THEM.

During the time they bought out and owned Motorola, their phones were considered budget phones (Moto G) and weren't as popular as Samsung, only making sales due to the company's brand name and history. The Nexus line originally offered power on a budget, which actually was a good move and popular among Android fans but they finally decided to trash it due to that association and replaced it with their Pixel line.

Should I continue? Which giant buys out more companies than Google? Is it a monopoly? Yes. Google sucks at their own creations and they lack innovation so much, they rely on buying other companies which is embarrassing. Google is known to create "their own version" of something that was already invented or created, just so they can say, "hey look, we have one too!" Failed Google products: Google glasses, Google self driving car... Wannabe Google products: Google+ vs. Facebook & Twitter, Google Assistant vs. Apple's Siri & Samsung's S-Voice, Google Home vs. Amazon Alexa, Google Cardboard VR vs. Oculus. Again, no innovation, only power and money. Do you get my point? I'm not exactly saying Google sucks entirely because I use their products and services too, just pointing out the fact that they are a monopoly and have so much power. I am however disappointed with the lack of original ideas, despite their employees being extremely spoiled with sleeping pods, colorful bikes, and free food, they still can't invent a single product themselves without buying out a startup company or re-creating something that's already made.

Here is the definition of a monopoly

exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/monopoly

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are definitely making up your conspiracies with Samsung, Google, apple, etc.

The only one you never go all conspiracy theory on is LG.. I wonder why? Your bias is kind of obvious to be honest...

But I digress for the sake of the topic. As always when you start these the topic goes wildly off the rails so let's get back to the V20 and topic at hand.

As I've suggested many times if you want to talk all "they sabotage this and do this shady thing on purpose" make a thread in the phone wars area versus turning every thread into this.

Is this a conspiracy?

"The company reportedly only shipped 3.9 million Pixel phones in 2017, according to IDC research director Francisco Jeronimo. For Google, that's not too shabby for a newcomer -- it's twice the number of Pixels from the year before -- but overall it's still pretty weak, and a sign that there's a long road ahead before the company even comes close to challenging Apple and Samsung.

iPhone and Galaxy phone sales dwarfed Pixel by a massive margin. Apple sold 216.7 million iPhones and Samsung sold 316.4 million Android smartphones last year, according to IDC numbers."

The question at this point is how can they still survive in this competitive market? I'll let you figure that out. Stop saying I'm making this up, I'm not. I'm reading these from multiple sources. Unless you're saying they're all fake?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You are definitely making up your conspiracies with Samsung, Google, apple, etc.

The only one you never go all conspiracy theory on is LG.. I wonder why? Your bias is kind of obvious to be honest...

But I digress for the sake of the topic. As always when you start these the topic goes wildly off the rails so let's get back to the V20 and topic at hand.

As I've suggested many times if you want to talk all "they sabotage this and do this shady thing on purpose" make a thread in the phone wars area versus turning every thread into this.

Nope, read my other post. I mentioned LG bribed Zack from JerryRigEverything by flying him out to LG's HQ to do a durability test on the G6 (and participate in other marketing things for LG). Bribing? Maybe.. you can say it's just "marketing" or a "paid partnership". Non-disclosure agreements will keep their mouths sealed otherwise they will not be able to be partners with them again. I am not biased, I'm just sharing what I know and speculating from these sources. Just because I'm saying Apple is beating Google in phone sales by a longshot doesn't mean I like Apple. I'm just stating facts, I'd still probably reluctantly get a Pixel over an iPhone. Is HTC doing bad? Yes, it's a fact, not biased opinion. Is LG the best smartphone company ever? Probably not. They failed many times, especially with the failed G5 experiment, bootloop debacle of the G4/V10, defective Pixel 2 OLED screens which they manufacture, slow software updates, mediocre camera, etc. I can talk all day about the negatives of LG.

Here it is. LG "paid" for Zack's flight to LG's office (maybe compensated him for his time too? Most likely)
https://youtu.be/zuq2uPAEmeM

HTC is slowly falling apart. Smartphone Maker HTC To Layoff A Quarter Of Staff After Years Of Losing Money: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphj...quarter-of-staff-after-years-of-losing-money/

I'm not making this up..

Last edited:

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
"The company reportedly only shipped ***3.9 million Pixel phones in 2017, according to IDC research director Francisco Jeronimo. For Google, that's not too shabby for a newcomer -- it's twice the number of Pixels from the year before -- but overall it's still pretty weak, and a sign that there's a long road ahead before the company even comes close to challenging Apple and Samsung.

iPhone and Galaxy phone sales dwarfed Pixel by a massive margin. Apple sold ***216.7 million iPhones and Samsung sold ***316.4 million Android smartphones last year, according to IDC numbers."

What's keeping Google's smartphone department alive? Even HTC is losing money each year, how is Google still able to survive when a veteran smartphone maker like HTC is barely surviving? The answer is Google itself is a very large company and the losses from their phones is nothing to them. It probably costed them much more money hiring people to design it and create the software for it (and paying manufacturers like LG and HTC to actually produce the hardware), they did not gain profit from it if you consider how much money and time they invested. Even The Essential phone company nearly got bankrupt... Google has a massive backup rainy day fund which is the entire company itself.

Fun fact: Google bought out the internet radio company, Songza, only to completely shut down the service and promote their awful Google music instead. Google also bought out Motorola, kept their patents, then sold it to Lenovo. They are doing the same with HTC as well... Google+ is still running although not a single soul I personally know uses it, Google needs to give up on social media and shut it down. This is not fake, research and fact check it yourself. ***Google did NOT invent Android nor YouTube, they were bought out... typical Monopoly move.

More insight:
Google quietly acquired Android in 2005 for an undisclosed price which has been estimated at $50 million. (Google's annual report for 2005 says the company spent a total of $130 million on acquisitions that year.)

In 2005 the web was in desperate need of a video hub, and Google TRIED to create one with the poorly named Google Videos (a naming concept the company refuses to reinvent). But the site failed to catch on as quickly as YouTube, which had more social features and extremely popular pirated TV clips (try to find a 2006 feature about YouTube that doesn’t mention “Lazy Sunday”). At the time of its acquisition, YouTube was one of the world’s fastest-growing websites, and its executives had a clear understanding of what users wanted out of a video site. As the adage goes: IF YOU CAN’T BEAT THEM, BUY THEM.

During the time they bought out and owned Motorola, their phones were considered budget phones (Moto G) and weren't as popular as Samsung, only making sales due to the company's brand name and history. The Nexus line originally offered power on a budget, which actually was a good move and popular among Android fans but they finally decided to trash it due to that association and replaced it with their Pixel line.

Should I continue? Which giant buys out more companies than Google? Is it a monopoly? Yes. Google sucks at their own creations and they lack innovation so much, they rely on buying other companies which is embarrassing. Google is known to create "their own version" of something that was already invented or created, just so they can say, "hey look, we have one too!" Failed Google products: Google glasses, Google self driving car... Wannabe Google products: Google+ vs. Facebook & Twitter, Google Assistant vs. Apple's Siri & Samsung's S-Voice, Google Home vs. Amazon Alexa, Google Cardboard VR vs. Oculus. Again, no innovation, only power and money. Do you get my point? I'm not exactly saying Google sucks entirely because I use their products and services too, just pointing out the fact that they are a monopoly and have so much power. I am however disappointed with the lack of original ideas, despite their employees being extremely spoiled with sleeping pods, colorful bikes, and free food, they still can't invent a single product themselves without buying out a startup company or re-creating something that's already made.
You're response to my pointing out your misinformation is to post even more misinformation. Ok.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Nope, read my other post. I mentioned LG bribed Zack from JerryRigEverything by flying him out to LG's HQ to do a durability test on the G6 (and participate in other marketing things for LG). Bribing? Maybe.. you can say it's just "marketing" or a "paid partnership". Non-disclosure agreements will keep their mouths sealed otherwise they will not be able to be partners with them again. I am not biased, I'm just sharing what I know and speculating from these sources. Just because I'm saying Apple is beating Google in phone sales by a longshot doesn't mean I like Apple. I'm just stating facts, I'd still probably reluctantly get a Pixel over an iPhone. Is HTC doing bad? Yes, it's a fact, not biased opinion. Is LG the best smartphone company ever? Probably not. They failed many times, especially with the failed G5 experiment, bootloop debacle of the G4/V10, defective Pixel 2 OLED screens which they manufacture, slow software updates, mediocre camera, etc. I can talk all day about the negatives of LG.

Here it is. LG "paid" for Zack's flight to LG's office (maybe compensated him for his time too? Most likely)
https://youtu.be/zuq2uPAEmeM

HTC is slowly falling apart. Smartphone Maker HTC To Layoff A Quarter Of Staff After Years Of Losing Money: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphj...quarter-of-staff-after-years-of-losing-money/

I'm not making this up..
The "speculation" is the problem. Because, you are presenting things that are obviously untrue as if they are facts. And what sucks is that we know you're aware that a lot of it is untrue.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well here's a real kick in the pants. My v20 died completely today. It just won't boot up for nothing even with a fresh battery.

I had to switch my Sim into my litely used htc-u11.

Let me tell you how much I miss my v20... This phone does not hold a candle to it except for the speakers on it.

Will I get another one.. I don't know to be honest I simply don't know. I have a few months to go on my payments yet so I'll be stuck using this for a while. I might take my v20 in and see what if anything they can do to help me..

Stay tuned

Mac

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Well here's a real kick in the pants. My v20 died completely today. It just won't boot up for nothing even with a fresh battery.

Let me tell you how much I miss my v20... This phone does not hold a candle to it except for the speakers on it.

Will I get another one.. I don't know to be honest I simply don't know. I have a few months to go on my payments yet so I'll be stuck using this for a while. I might take my v20 in and see what if anything they can do to help me..

Stay tuned

Mac

Damn I'm sorry to hear that.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there a key combination that is supposed to wake up a nonresponsive phone sometimes, like, both volume keys +power, or something like that? Might be worth a shot.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that the issue here. He can't get it to boot up

It's not the issue Mike the phone is just dead. I've never had this problem before with any phone.

Took it into Sprint today and they couldn't get it to work at all either, so it's off to somewhere to get fixed. 7-10 business days per Sprint, so I'll probably be getting a refurbished unit back.

This blows big-time.

I did look at the g7 pretty close today and it looks nice and sounds nice but I don't know much about it.

Mac

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
It's not the issue Mike the phone is just dead. I've never had this problem before with any phone.

Took it into Sprint today and they couldn't get it to work at all either, so it's off to somewhere to get fixed. 7-10 business days per Sprint, so I'll probably be getting a refurbished unit back.

This blows big-time.

I did look at the g7 pretty close today and it looks nice and sounds nice but I don't know much about it.

Mac
We're so close to the V40 that since you have a backup it may be worth waiting to see it in person. Also I've seen new in box V20's for $200-250 recently, if you trust third parties.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

This blows big-time.

Mac

Could be the power button if the battery is showing charged

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Could be the power button if the battery is showing charged

I don't know.. Nothing is showing on it plugged in or not. It doesn't show charging when plugged in but the diffent batteries show charged in the oem cradle.

I've discharged it without the battery in, tried to get into the bootloader, but nothing shows up or any haptic feedback.

I think it's just doa and toast.

Mac

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
We're so close to the V40 that since you have a backup it may be worth waiting to see it in person. Also I've seen new in box V20's for $200-250 recently, if you trust third parties.

I have thought about this, but I don't know what Sprint is going to do. If I get a replacement v20, I'll run it till it stops too cause I really don't want to have to spend a grand on a new phone. I'm not back to work yet from my heart attack 1month ago yet.. So I got to be careful about money right now.

We'll see what Sprint does in a week or so and then try to decide... Heck I might even switch carriers in a couple of months when my wife's and son's lease is up...

I just hate having to wait for a decision on it...

Mac

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Stay tuned

Mac

That sucks :/

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yea..

I get a v20 back tomorrow morning....!!!!

It's a replacement, but that's okay.

People can say what they want about all of the new phones, but I don't care.

To me the v20 is still the most useful phone going with everything it can do.

I've found myself really disliking this u-11 the more I have used it.

It would be nice to get the replacement all updated and such, but I ain't holding my breath for that.

Mac

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000