speaker suddenly lower?

Beheima

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
My speaker is suddenly lower than usual. Even listening to music at the maximum level isn't loud. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the volume normal through wired or Bluetooth headphones? If so, perhaps the speaker itself is faulty. Does anything play louder over the speaker, or is it limited to specific apps?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The speaker has always been low imo. Music is ok i guess but in call speaker phone is miserable. I use my phone for business so it's unacceptable. I may move on just for this reason. I love the little phone otherwise.. Its a shame

Beheima

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The speaker itself is lower. At the maximum volume people on speaker are not loud at all, when they used to be. Music also is much lower.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And how about over headphones (wired or Bluetooth)? If the sound is normal there, then I would suspect a hardware problem with the main speaker.

phylez

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
This is by no means a pro BB post but I moved from a decade of BB useage about 5 months ago. Love the Z3C but the speakers are very disappointing as is the camera LED compared to my BB devices... Not that I'd switch back. The waterproofing is such a great feature. Perhaps that's why the speakers are not very loud?

Aaron Sargent

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I think my update to 5.0.2 Lollipop definitely reduced the volume on my speakers. Anyone else notice this??
Hopefully they fix it with 5.1

Beheima

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The speaker was nice and loud until it suddenly wasn't anymore. Never got the time to call Sony yet.

Alexei Yo

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same issues with the sound volume as others here.
The solution was just to play a little with "audio settings" of "Sound and notification" menu of the phone's "Settings".
Since then the sound volume returned to normal.