Is the S24 vibration motor any stronger & speaker phone volume any louder than S23?

Rev1010

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Have the S23 and overall am very happy with it. However, there's no doubt about it and many others have reported the same experience, but the vibrate motor is waaaay weaker than my previous S10 (the weak motor change was confirmed by a tech reviewer) and the speaker phone volume is waaaay lower than my S10. Getting to the point that I kind of want to switch phones already. I can't imagine they'd have improved it with the S24, because often things get worse, not better - hence why my S10 I never missed a text while on vibrate ever and talking on speaker phone was completely loud and easy to hear. Even sitting on a table the vibrate is so weak I can sometimes miss it with the S23 whereas sometimes it would startle me with my S10.

Anyone used both and can give any feedback?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My S24U vibration could be a little stronger. It is fine when sitting on a coffee table but if I have it in my suit coat jacket pocket I do not feel it at all! I can't remember the exact phone...I think it was a Moto "something" where the vibration would loosen the fillings in your teeth it was so strong. I find in recent years that the vibration intensity adjustment does little to nothing to make any real difference.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
My S24U vibration could be a little stronger. It is fine when sitting on a coffee table but if I have it in my suit coat jacket pocket I do not feel it at all! I can't remember the exact phone...I think it was a Moto "something" where the vibration would loosen the fillings in your teeth it was so strong. I find in recent years that the vibration intensity adjustment does little to nothing to make any real difference.
Yeah, that's when I fell in love with smartwatches. No phone will vibrate hard enough too reliably notice in a sport coat/suit jacket.

I have tons of meetings and I'm also a total flake, so trying to remember them all is impossible. When my wrist buzzes, that gets my attention like I'm a dog wearing a shock collar.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish "they" would install the very strongest vibration motor available. That way you can lower the level if it's too much for you. But putting in a slider that basically does nothing to increase the vibration makes no sense. Are they afraid the vibration will shake something loose and cause issues with the phone?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wish "they" would install the very strongest vibration motor available. That way you can lower the level if it's too much for you. But putting in a slider that basically does nothing to increase the vibration makes no sense. Are they afraid the vibration will shake something loose and cause issues with the phone?
There's always the possibility that the phone will vibrate so intensely that it falls off a table or desk, hits the floor, and breaks.

Mkeditor

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I need it for notifications, games and most importantly, phone calls. I came from an S10+. The vibration on that thing could be used as a sex toy! I rarely missed calls, even when in my pocket on a walk it usually gets my attention. I have the intensity all the way up on the S24 Ultra and I barely feel it. Why is this gigantic phone a vibration weakling?

Reactions: Stanley Kubrick

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with everyone here I had the S22 and now S23 ultra and I barely feel it, I miss my older phones that has super strong vibration I'm always missing calls and texts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos