This Auction gets me thinking...

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
because in my opinion webos sucks i had the palm pre. why not just have everyone get rid of broadband and go back to dial up internet.android kicks ass compared to any other phone os.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah man, I had the pre for over a year, and numerous treo models before that. I like palm, is what I'm saying.

But I don't understand this attitude that webos is vastly superior to android. They pretty much do the same thing, just with different UIs. Does it really matter? I mean... "longpress home -->click app". Vs. "Press center button --> swish through cards to find right one --> click it".... same damn thing lol.

Factor in the unoptimized mess that that was the new Enyo framework of webos, and the lack of developer interest in the platform even before HP announced it was now abandonware... who would WANT to change from an equally powerful, better-optimized (relatively speaking), robustly dev-supported platform, back to that?

Maybe a launcher that more closely mimics webos is in order (I've never tried itching thumbs). But taking an epic (powerful hardware), with android and the incredible dev support that brings (to leverage the potential of that hardware), and putting webos on it instead.... it doesn't strike me as an improvement. It strikes me as crippling!

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me, but now that HP is concentrating more on business servers- isn't WebOS mainly dead or at least on standby for now?

BTW- is this auction for real? It sounds more like someone posted the auction as a joke because they couldn't get in on the Touchpad firesale. Bidding is at $47 for a lame drawning...:p

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
because in my opinion pre hardware sucks i had the palm pre. why not just have everyone get rid of broadband and go back to apple os.android is okay compared to any other phone os but web os would be great on the good hardware and app market android enjoys

there I fixed it for you. :D:D