[RESOLVED...I think] SMS chronology reversed

tahx

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I backed up my stuff, flashed to Eclair (from Gingerbread), restored my stuff, and I thought all was well. Well....all my restored SMSs are in reverse order: bottom up. New texts in the same thread start top-down below the last (earliest) text. I found one instance of this

https://github.com/jberkel/sms-backup-plus/issues/182

with no responses. Anyone have an idea?

Last edited:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: sms chronology reversed

Did you also use "sms backup plus"? If you did, it sounds like a glitch in how it saved or restored the backup. File a bug report with the developer...

If you didn't, than it may be a glitch in the sms db in the phone that passes the fields in the reverse order to whatever backup program you used. I would say contact the developer there too (samsung), but that would likely just be a waste of time.

Are new texts that are coming in, coming in backwards also? Or is this only the ones that were restored?

tahx

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: sms chronology reversed

I think I figured it out. My last backup was before rooting the phone, hence my handcent wasn't backed up. But my texts via the stock text app were, so when I restored the messages (to handcent), there was a slight incompatibility.

Anyways, like I said, new messages started in the right order. I was just curious what happened.

Thanks. I consider this resolved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng