Timing gets off track on regular basis

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, about 4 days ago, my phone will keep messing up the time.
I have it set for automatic and then it will say its 4AM when its really like 6AM.

It's not like its behind a certain time, its just off and it wont be consistantly off/ ex: itll be off by 2 hours and 30 minutes and then itll be off by 2 hours and 40 mins a little while later.
Also ive tried setting my time up manually and the same thing happens.

Its definitely not an app.

ive tried wiping my phone, then the problem happens again the next morning, even when i dont restore anything.

ive tried everything i know of. im thinking of unrooting and bringing it in because i cant think of anything else.

actually, i just thought of restoring one of my nandroid backups and then flashing my current rom over it. maybe that might be crazy enough to fix it.
gonna try wiping delvik cache and data right now. and if i wake up with the time off im gonna take it in unless someone can think of a fix.

ill report back in the morning

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
OK so today it happened again.
normally I end up wiping my phone to get the timing back for the day and it happens again that night.

But today I figured I was going to unroot and take it in, so I did not wipe and everything to try and fix it because no matter what I do it happens.
I fixed it by turning "automatic" timing off and. Manually set it. I noticed it was a little off, so as I was going to fix it I put it back on automatic and 15 minutes later it was back on track.
I have no idea what is causing this, hopefully the time is calibrated now
We'll see tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk