Question ASUS memopad in a reboot loop - HELP!

TP-Droid

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Hello folks.

So I dusted off an old ASUS memopad 7 to read ebooks on and thought it would be a good idea to install a newer custom ROM....

yeah turns out NOT!

It now only constantly boots, I can't get it to recovery mode or connect it to any PC-based software to fix it.

I have tried all the combos of button holding etc AND disconnected the battery for 25 hours...NO change :(

If its toasted its NOT the end of the world BUT it would be nice to get it up and running if possible

Any help MUCH appreciated

Tracy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello folks.

So I dusted off an old ASUS memopad 7 to read ebooks on and thought it would be a good idea to install a newer custom ROM....

yeah turns out NOT!

It now only constantly boots, I can't get it to recovery mode or connect it to any PC-based software to fix it.

I have tried all the combos of button holding etc AND disconnected the battery for 25 hours...NO change :(

If its toasted its NOT the end of the world BUT it would be nice to get it up and running if possible

Any help MUCH appreciated

Tracy
Welcome to AC!
Try holding power button and volume up for 15 to 30 seconds see if it responds to that

Reactions: Laura Knotek

TP-Droid

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the replies :)

It was running fine originally (sigh)

When I hold down the power/vol up I do get a menu to select recovery/fastboot or normal but whichever option I select it goes back to the bootloop.

I had not heard of ASUS flashtool so I will see if I can find it and the stock ROM and give it a go

Will keep you posted and thanks again :)

Tracy

Reactions: belodion

TP-Droid

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
ok so I cant even get this to go into fastboot mode and the flash tool wont see its there. Is it possible to re-flash the factory ROM via a micro SD card directly in the tablet maybe? rather than trying to get a PC to recognize it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok so I cant even get this to go into fastboot mode and the flash tool wont see its there. Is it possible to re-flash the factory ROM via a micro SD card directly in the tablet maybe? rather than trying to get a PC to recognize it?
You can try XDA Forum but I don't think you can flash the OS with an SD card if cannot find suggestions there take it to repair shop to get a 2nd opinion if it doesn't go into fastboot you can't flash and has to be recognized