Best deal on new Epic 4g?

bigtimeweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from letstalk.com - looks tob e a free upgrade right now from them with a contract extension?? I got a $25 off coupon code from them back then not sure if its still good: Cell Phones from wireless carriers BlackBerry, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless If you go this route and it doesn't work you can PM me and I can for sure give you one - they give them out for free as a referral tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostnthenet

lostnthenet

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from letstalk.com - looks tob e a free upgrade right now from them with a contract extension?? I got a $25 off coupon code from them back then not sure if its still good: Cell Phones from wireless carriers BlackBerry, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless If you go this route and it doesn't work you can PM me and I can for sure give you one - they give them out for free as a referral tool.
Letstalk.com tells me it will be $249 for an upgrade which is more than $199 from Sprint. I can't send a pm right now because I don't have enough posts.

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Cheapest place to get Samsung Epic 4g

I just recently picked up my epic and wanted to share my purchasing adventures.

I was looking around trying to find the best deal on the epic 4g. I looked at sprint, $199, best buy, $199, radio shack had it for $149 on their website and in-store I could get it for $184 with coupon. Amazon had it for like $189 or something.

I was set to get it on Radio Shacks website but it seemed kinda fishy when I went to check out, there were all these options for plans and I already have a plan so I was like screw this, I dont want to get hooked into some odd fees.

I decided I would go check Nebraksa Furniture Mart. Now those that dont know what this place is probably are wondering why am I buying a phone from a furniture store. This is no furniture store, they have a ton of things and have great prices, anyways...

I called in first to check the in-store price, the guy said it was $79.99!
I couldnt hardly believe it, I asked him like 3 times what the price was, just to make sure it wasnt $179.99, but sure enough I went their and it was $79.99. I was up for my 2 year upgrade. I was amazed. There were no hooks, gimmicks, extra fees or anything, just renewed my contact and use my upgrade.

tl;dr - Nebraska Furniture Mart has the Samsung Epic 4g for $79.99 Get it while you can.

Reactions: tomy2001

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to mention that I got my mom an EPIC for $99 at radioshack. I was impressed with that price. I wanted to mention it because im afraid not everyone has a furniture mart.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Cool story, I picked mine up from Craigslist but will try looking at Radioshack next time since our furniture stores only sell furniture:D

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Radio Shack's website is also where I got mine for $99. Was by far and away the best price I could find. I was switching carriers anyway so the contract wasnt an issue. Never heard of Nebraske Furniture Mart, possibly because I dont live in Nebraska? lol but $79.99 is an awesome price.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack's website is also where I got mine for $99. Was by far and away the best price I could find. I was switching carriers anyway so the contract wasnt an issue. Never heard of Nebraske Furniture Mart, possibly because I dont live in Nebraska? lol but $79.99 is an awesome price.

You do not need to live in a place in order to buy a item from a store. You have internet!!!. It helps you to reach whatever you need or want. So you can be browsing around anytime for the best price of a product. :)

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Replicatable Success Story?

I called Spring with the current (as of yesterday) $149 offer from Amazon for an upgrade and asked if they could match it or credit my account for $50. "Telesales" said no (and too much other blah blah blah), so I asked if they could forward my call to the dept. that had the power to do that. They forwarded my call to "Account Services," I believe it was called.

I politely (always important) and succinctly told the account services guy who answered the phone, "I'm upgrade eligible. I want the Epic Touch. Amazon has it for $149 for upgraders. I asked Telesales if they could credit my account for the diff ($50). They said they did not have the power to do so, but you do. [<--this and a little luck might have been critical to what happened next] Can you credit my account for $50 so that I can buy the phone from you?"

The very nice CSR on the line replied, "Yeah, I can do that. How about I give you an $80 credit--even more than you asked for?" To which I, of course, agreed. He credited my account and then left me to buy the phone online on my own since it would be cheaper that way (more $ for phone assistance).

Between that and the $90 buy back for my almost 2-year-old, slightly dinged original EVO 4G that I plan to take advantage of once my sweet new phone arrives, I will have accumulated $170 in credit towards my new phone (for which I am technically paying $199 + $15 tax + $36 in activation--I couldn't get them to budge on this like in past).

Not $79 at the Furniture Store (which I've never heard of), but still, not too shabby! And probably replicatable for others with deals you find online...(though $80 sounds to me like close to the max of what they are authorized to credit us). Obviously, knowing that they can do at least $80, I would advise anyone trying this with a deal from another source bump up their requested credit amount--perhaps to $90?

Good luck!

{Note: Ordinarily, I would strip and sell my phone and accumulated accessories on Ebay for more $$ to offset costs, as I did my Palm Pre for $120, but in this case, I am totally cool with giving Sprint my phone since I am replacing it now before the LTE roll-out because it has a ding in corner where I dropped it on concrete and also has started acting off since my gf dibbled water on it last weekend.}

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress