Google Calendar sync problem?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Epic, and all of my existing Google Calendar data came in fine (my old phone was a Palm Pre). I just created a new appointment on the Epic, and it has not shown up at the Google Calendar website. It's been over 90 minutes. In the Epic email settings menu, Background data and Auto-sync are both checked. And under General Settings, Sync is ON.

Any ideas on how to get things working right?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Epic, and all of my existing Google Calendar data came in fine (my old phone was a Palm Pre). I just created a new appointment on the Epic, and it has not shown up at the Google Calendar website. It's been over 90 minutes. In the Epic email settings menu, Background data and Auto-sync are both checked. And under General Settings, Sync is ON.

Any ideas on how to get things working right?
On the appointment itself goto Edit and you will see under the time and date and above Location an option called Calendar. Make sure that is changed to your Gmail account or else it will only be saved on your device.

You may have to remove/delete the appointment and redo it.. I think once its saved it can't be changed.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
On the appointment itself goto Edit and you will see under the time and date and above Location an option called Calendar. Make sure that is changed to your Gmail account or else it will only be saved on your device.

You may have to remove/delete the appointment and redo it.. I think once its saved it can't be changed.

Thanks! That did it. I did some more looking in the email settings menu and found what appears to be the problem. My Default Calendar was set to My calendar instead of my Google account. Will setting my Default Calendar to Google solve future problems?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! That did it. I did some more looking in the email settings menu and found what appears to be the problem. My Default Calendar was set to My calendar instead of my Google account. Will setting my Default Calendar to Google solve future problems?
It should but if it doesn't then check that setting I just suggested.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
To anyone still on OS2.1 you can't select Google calendar as default. This was a fix added to 2.2 (actually it just remembers the last calendar you used and defaults to that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer