get it going? :)

maguione

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, so I've been on the forum for like a week and I've been looking around and all these things you can do to your android. Well I have the sprint samsung galaxy S 2.2 froyo and have had it for about 6 months :O , basically I feel like I haven't done anything amazing to it since I'm already amazed with what features it has but I know I can do more...what more can I do? Ex: cool apps?widgets?wallpapers?themes?launchers? Also I have looking for a screen shot app for my phone...ones that don't need rooting,not to sure I'm ready for rooting :\

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah pretty much the sky is the limit.
I use mine for Tiwtter, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Email, Texting, Video, Pics, Games, DropBox, and many other apps.

maguione

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah pretty much the sky is the limit.
I use mine for Tiwtter, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Email, Texting, Video, Pics, Games, DropBox, and many other apps.
Yeah me too except I have FB instead of Twitter. Do you use any neat photo apps? Don't matter the type. I have a page or two of apps but I don't know any other cool apps. I think I need some widgets,hopefully I find a good screen shot app :) I wanna show off on the thread I seen earlier haha

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently started using Elixir. Its got some neat stuff in it. It also allows me to put up a widget thats 4x1 but i can have up to 7 items in it, instead of 4.
I dont take a lot of photos so just stock apps for me.

BatteryMonitor Widget is good. Works great on HTC, only estimates for Samsung.
Mobile Signal Widget is also a great one.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Grab the amazon app market from their website and start collecting the free app of the day. It is a great way to get good pay apps for free.

maguione

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanx guys :) I started looking around for apps and widgets. I tried a lot of screen shot apps that even said it didn't need rooting, but it failed -_-. I will keep looking tho'

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Shoot me works without root on froyo. And for the photo apps, i use picsay and little photo, hope that helps!

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest the following apps.too many to list but i have included a few of my favorites

Launcher pro + a home launcher the replaces TouchWiz & has a built in set of widgets, as well as cool transition effects, & ability to customize the quick launched apps on bottom of screen (you actually get a total 15 shortcuts on a scroll-able quick launch dock. cool widgets include the calendar widget.

Beautiful widgets gives you the big clock weather widgets that look like what most HTC phones have

Handcent- sms messenger app, blows away stock app with all the customization, you can customize individual sound and visual notifications for each contact you test.
Shazam or Soundhound- lets you identify songs by letting device hear & then "tag"unknown songs you may hear.

music apps
There are dozens of good ones ,Samsungs Epics built in one is ok..
PowerAmp is a popular choice I use Winamp, & Meridian i think both have good User interface and are free, Also I use Google Music to stream my music library from my PC on my Android device.

For Video I suggest mVideoplayer
Podcasts Googles Listen or Doggcatcher are excellent choices. Doggcatcher plays video net-casts

Ringdroid- is a ringtone app , select any mp3 or sound file on your device and crop/edit it to create a custom ringtone/notifications

File explorers.. The built in one is adequate but ES File Explorer or Astro are more robust and you can manage, (copy, paste, move,search,rename) & manage multiple files in the depths of your device in a better way.

Some other fun non essentail apps. too many to list but i have included a few of my favorites
Translate- pretty explanatory what it does.
Convertpad- unit converter
Smart measure-
Ultra Voice changer- record any voice and play it back in a library of disguised voice sounds.

eck74

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
How I got started was looking through the "show your homescreen" threads. You will see some pretty cool apps/widgets/launchers there.