Anyone tried omni rom for Spring Galaxy Nexus yet?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a post just before this thats been viewed, but no replies on cyanogen, so maybe this one will get a reply.

I seen on xda week or so ago that they made omni rom compatible with the spring galaxy nexus.

I tried to post at xda but it wouldnt let me since I was new. I wanted to know if this rom works ok with the 3g/4g handoff?

From what I can tell omni rom is as close to stock as you can get with more options for the interface it seems. Correct me if I'm wrong?

It may be worth a shot for me to finally get into rooting my phone and trying a new rom that would get future OS updates since were obviously not getting any legit ones.

Any experience with omni rom on this phone or others, it would be nice to hear more about it and how it functioned for you.

Reference of XDA post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal.../rom-omnirom-nightly-builds-toroplus-t2817818

Thanks

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I am talking to myself here, haha, but anyways I took the leap and installed this rom and it was my first time rooting my phone. I am glad to say it went successful and I have traveled in and out of many 3g/4g zones and data remained intact. Also it gave me tethering for free, which is an added bonus. I am now running 4.4.4 on it and everything appears to work as intended so far. No bugs that have effected me yet.

I am now glad to have this phone last me for awhile until something comes out I really want. I am just happy to have 4g working like it should have. Hopefully it stays that way.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I had been using Slimkat for GNex but only using 3g because of connection loss when switching between 3g and 4g. It is only at 4.4.2 so if you found one at 4.4.4, that's great. I just bought a Nexus 5 and plan to set that up this weekend but would have been happy to stick with my gnex if I hadn't broken the screen over the summer.