The "I've Got My Note 2" Thread!

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Dang I am loving this thing. Couple weeks now and having lots of fun with it. Also won't be bothering to take my tablet on the plane this week.

Got it for $149 from BB Mobile Solutions Ebay site AND got the $50 gift card. Titanium for me in a PT case/holster

Todd Carpenter

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine the other day and LOVE IT! My last phones in reverse order were Motorola (never again) Photon 4G and a Palm Pre (my history of buying instant orphan devices).

The size was my main hurdle, but since my ipad was WAY too cumbersome to bring a long on business visits and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, I opted to try it. Using Google Docs and editing spreadsheets is much easier on the larger screen and so is playing games.

I have a flip cover and screen protector. The protector is showing lines were i've used the pen, so I hate that. I'll try different protectors before possibly going au naturel at some point.

I rooted my last phone, but I'm not aware of anything I'm missing at this point to even bother rooting the Note 2.

In short, I love everything about it!!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I came from the photon as well...

I use a matte screen protector and love it... it's a cheap one from eBay...

As for the size, it's normal now :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

CarlitosBX

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Also a proud owner of a Pearl White N2. Coming from an HTC EVO 4G last HTC phone I buy is a complete crap. Never saw an update from them. It been a month since I got my phone and I love it. After going for a couple of weeks without holding the EVO it felt small as a mouse lol. Also I bought my N2 from BestBuy because of the Geeksquad insurance. Since they didn't have an otterbox case I ordered one via Newegg as soon as I got home. I also applied a privacy screen protector since is a huge screen I don't want everyone to be able to see my business.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Dang I am loving this thing. Couple weeks now and having lots of fun with it. Also won't be bothering to take my tablet on the plane this week.

Got it for $149 from BB Mobile Solutions Ebay site AND got the $50 gift card. Titanium for me in a PT case/holster

Great deal,!

railcarhobo

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Great idea on the privacy screen!

This is the biggest concern I have with the N2, just the fact that the size makes it easier for wandering eyes and shoulder surfers.

I'm three weeks into this beast and I couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My last phones in reverse order were Motorola (never again) Photon 4G and a Palm Pre (my history of buying instant orphan devices).

OMG I have the same history of failures with those phones (never again Moto AND HP devices). Glad to hear all the love for Note 2 on here and that it appears Samsung will continue to update it at least through 5.0. And software upgrades to the Note 2 so that it has some of the software features of the newly unveiled S4. I am due a new phone May 1 (buh-bye crap Photon 4G). If Note 2 is getting some of the software upgrades of the S4 and Samsung is loyal to updating the system, I just might go for the Note 2 as I'm sure it will be heavily discounted by May 1.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just dropped mine off to Best Buy... This past Saturday because I smashed the screen :-(

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a note 2 yesterday man I love this phone. I was trying to decide between this the s4 and htc one. Ultimately I decided on th note due to battery life it has the majority of the features on the s3 and a 1080p screen wasn't a necessity. Honestly I couldn't be happier. First day of use and its been of the charger for over 8 hours and I still have 60% of the battery left

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for nearly 3 weeks now and I can say I couldn't be happier. My original concern was the size, which actually turned out to be no "big" deal. Great phone and great battery!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

pamnsla

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I get mine tomorrow!! April 1st upgrade date is finally here!!! Had a hard time choosing between the Note 2 and the S4 but the bigger battery was the deciding factor! Can't wait!!