Pre ordered my N2 at my local Best Buy today

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was at my local Best Buy and asked about the Note 2 on Sprint. The guy checked a few things and said that while he doesn't have an in store date yet, and while the inventory system also comes up blank as of now, the system did allow him to take pre orders. Needless to say, I was the first one. I plunked down $50 bucks, got a gift card and a confirmation printout saying that I will be contacted as soon as the phone arrives at the store. After doing this, I went to 2 of the 3 local Sprint stores in town, non of which are corporate stores. Neither one of them have had any N2s but the both said they will get them in stock in 2 days, meaning by Wednesday. There was no pre order possible, it was all first come first serve. Also, as others have reported in other posts, if you want to buy the phone outright (like myself), you're out of luck, only new customers or upgrade eligible customers can buy from these 2 particular stores. The guy in the bigger of the two stores even suggested me buying the phone at Best Buy.

I am not sure what they are thinking with this launch. It's pretty botched up in my book. There should have been an ad blitz before the firm launch date with availability of the product through all channels, not just a lucky few independent stores with the rest of the stock distributed by corporate Sprint stores. Is it a supply issue from Samsung? Does one end of the supply chain not talk to the other? Isn't the goal to sell as many phones as possible and do it as quickly as possible while the phone is being anticipated by eager customers, and is remembered by it's good reviews? Sometimes I don't understand the tech industry. They did a good job with the S3, and just half a year later, it seems like the Note 2 is the first popular phone they're trying to sell.

Anyways, since I am bored waiting for my phone to show up, I figured I'd share this.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. If I decide to stick with Sprint, I may give Best Buy a visit later in the week.

Well best buy don't have any in stock they are just doing pre-orders. When I called the toll free number of best buy they said they should start selling in the best buy stores on November 11th. We shall see.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well best buy don't have any in stock they are just doing pre-orders. When I called the toll free number of best buy they said they should start selling in the best buy stores on November 11th. We shall see.

The reason I got excited about being able to pre order was because when I called last week, the store said they're not doing pre orders yet. A small step forward...

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Manny, i'm thinking of doing the same, trading in my S3 in but possibility Craigslisting it opposed to the $350, Best Buy would give me but anyways, did you get a guarantee that they'll price match the $649 Sprint price? I'm afraid they won't if local Sprint stores do not have them in stock or are not selling them without contract.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Manny, i'm thinking of doing the same, trading in my S3 in but possibility Craigslisting it opposed to the $350, Best Buy would give me but anyways, did you get a guarantee that they'll price match the $649 Sprint price? I'm afraid they won't if local Sprint stores do not have them in stock or are not selling them without contract.

Yes they do, they always have, it's their policy.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand it's their policy but I remember when price matching my S3, Best Buy called to make sure Radio Shack had the phone in the color you want in stock. If they didn't have it in stock, they wouldn't price match it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand it's their policy but I remember when price matching my S3, Best Buy called to make sure Radio Shack had the phone in the color you want in stock. If they didn't have it in stock, they wouldn't price match it.

Never had that problem, my store never checked, all they did was look at sprints website to double check the price.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My local Sprint store (Eastern Washington State) had the Note 2 available at the store for $299 plus 8% Sales Tax. This was on November 1. They had sold two. They would give me $38 for my Evo 4G if it was in "good condition". The rep told me he didn't expect LTE in our area for "6-8 months". By that time we agreed there will likely be newer phones. It is hard for me to see how they would be better except that by that time the 64G version might be available. I have someone who will give me $100 for my Evo 4G, but he needs to find a non-contract provider who will let him use the Evo on their network.

bigjay1641

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I work for best buy and if a customer comes to me with an ad to price match I just go online confirm that the product is on sale then price match

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no reason at all for them not to price match. That is Sprints standard price, not even a sales or other gimmick price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty