Samsung Weather Widget Not Syncing

romero.richardv

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing their stock Samsung Weather Widget not syncing? I tried to sync it while connected to wifi as well and it still does not sync. Any advice?

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn on the auto refresh in the settings? I just checked mine and it was off. You can choose how often you want it to update or update manually

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is refreshing just fine. Are you using acuweather?

Is it possible to switch to another provider besides AccuWeather? I've searched and haven't figured out a way to do it.

AccuWeather always shows me in a different town, while the provider that the aftermarket Sense Clock and Weather uses is always correct.

lepeter

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you turn on the auto refresh in the settings? I just checked mine and it was off. You can choose how often you want it to update or update manually

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 and I am trying to search for the auto refresh in the settings but I can't find it. Where do I go in the settings? Please help. Thank you.

Sandy York

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
On my Note II, I cannot get to the weather widget settings as described by sbrown151 above. On mine, I have to tap the temp on the widget itself, then Menu > Settings > Auto Refresh. Then select the desired interval.

jeffparsons

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and turning on GPS seemed to fix the problem. I removed the "current location" and disabled GPS. Will see what happens...

Nathaniel Baker

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem when I first got my phone a few days ago.. the trick is to press the word "weather" and not just the switch to the right of the word...

However in my view.. updating the weather every 1 hours is rather misleading.. it needs to be a minimum of every 15 mins to make any kind of sense.. in 1 hour the weather can be MAJORLY different to what it really is outside.... SAMSUNG PLEASE CHANGE THIS!!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Using a different widget is the only way to switch what provider... want a decent one with tons of features? Look for 1weather...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine tells me I am in Wallace, FL, and im in Pace, just outside of Pensacola, im about to just delete the widget and use something else.......:thumbdown::mad:

Sent from my Blanco Note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine is pretty accurate... I mean to the subdivision. It'll say I'm in suburbia, which ironically is my subdivisions name

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

gurumonkey

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I was having the same trouble. A number of people suggested GPS and other things. Turns out I had to go into the settings on the widget, turn OFF auto updates, then go back to the home screen. Return to the widget settings, turned back on auto updates. bam. It works.

Mark M 3000

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S4. The Samsung widget stopped refreshing weather after having the phone for a couple weeks or so. I installed the AccuWeather widget and so far so good.

szaiman

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I purchased S4 in December, 2013. Weather widget stopped refreshing within weeks, even though I installed no other software. I re-installed weather widget and it worked for a while. But it won't work now, even after re-installation.

Any ideas?

AstyBR

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone.
I tried to sync with multiple Weather Widgets but my GEAR only syncs with the native Weather Widget from Samsung.
I have a GALAXY MEGA 5.8.
Tested with Accuweather widget and also with 1Weather.
Someone can synchronize with another widget that is not native to Samsung?

Toni Darby

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I cannot get my weather widget to refresh. The refresh button is on in settings for every hr. I've turned it off and I've restarted the phone. It says the same thing all the time. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar