How do you turn 4g on?

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My husband is in an area where you can get 4g and just called to ask how do you turn it on?
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
We have the sprint samsung note 2. If we have it checked automatic shouldn't it automatically change when 4g is available?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's not the lte setting

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356400187360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356400187360.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 77

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you've never looked at Sensorly.com, you might want to check there for some different coverage maps pulled from user generated data.

On the Note 2, pretty sure LTE is on by default.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set to automatic and my 4g radio picked up on its own. I am in Westchester County NY and I was in Peekskill today when i saw the 4G symbol. Did some speed test and got upto 24mbs with 7.5mbs down. So on auto you should still be able to get it.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I found out that he did not have his phone set to automatic and that is why it did not not come up.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol that's not why it didn't come up mine us home and I still got 4g. U have to have it on lte and sometimes toggle it

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol that's not why it didn't come up mine us home and I still got 4g. U have to have it on lte and sometimes toggle it

Automatic will change automatically. However, it only checks for lte at intervals, not constantly

Sent from my G-Note 2

ashenor

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
In Detroit probably never lmao.

When the Evo first came out, they claimed we would have 4g within 3 months .... years have passed since then, now they are converting to LTE and we are not even on the list for future roll out. Sucks i love sprint and there plans, but there 3G is so slow.

evohoe

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
i have a sprint note 2 working on boost my preferred network mode choices are cdma lte/cdma gsm/umts or automatic what would be the best choice or me?i dont pay for the 4g service and ways so i always only get 3g. the only thing i dont like is i dont always get full bars or any at times and cant always send text messages from my house would change any of the settings help?

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have sprint you can ask for an airavr to use at home. I get no signal at home without it. You should set your phone to automatic to get 4g occasionally.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

royalstar_23

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
maryinredding i saw your signature as you are happy user from NOTE 2 but, i believe there are many reasons to get disappointed, First of all i am getting annoyed battery problem Backup last long for 3 hours max....
In 4G ( I am able to get connected) my phone battery drains even much faster.. When i connected to charger even then it drains until i turn off mobile data..

I am not sure what makes you happy, Please share and let me know if there is any setting/technique that i need to follow??

DENNIS1214

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I've followed procedure below but still could not see LTE in the selection...

1. To check that 4G is setup and enabled please go to:
Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks >
LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) should be selected.

2. If you are not sure that your update has been installed please go to:
Settings > More/General > About Device > Software Update >
Once Update is selected you should be told that the latest updates have been installed.