Anyone else mad US isn't getting SGSII?

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Feel like I'm going crazy. The rest of the world gets one of if not the best phone on the planet meanwhile the US gets a completely different phone. Different screen, design, size (dimensions). Just because you put a V8 in a minivan doesn't mean you can call it a sports car. The whole appeal to the SGSII is a super fast phone in a small, thin, and sleek design.

Am I alone on this?

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah i think we all wish the carriers would leave the phone alone but is it going to stop me from getting one???? NOPE

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not all that thrilled with the current US carrier model, but it is what it is. US carriers still feel they need to differentiate their device portfolios to separate themselves from the competition. Only Apple, and to some extent RIMM, have been able to break that model. Hopefully manufacturers like Samsung will follow suit someday, but I'm not optimistic. The US carriers still seem to have the foreign manufactures by the balls.

It boggles my mind though that the US carriers would still choose to play Dr. Frankenstein with what many would say is perfection. I guess this is one of the cons to mobile service competition. But the alternative, one single carrier with no competition, would be worse for consumers I'd think.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
ya I'm pretty upset wish they would of left perfection alone.
I'm not into new design but going to give it a try take HTC break.
If it has Exynos on board it will be a major positive

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Without the Exynos the only thing these phones and the SGSII have in common is the manufacturer.
I agree 100%
How can they list US device as GS2 if its different in every way from the true European GS2.
Its like their selling a name tag

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Larger screen size? Cool! How large is it?

It's been speculated around here that Sprint's variant will have a 4.5" screen, based on the larger form factor dimensions listed in the FCC docs. The form factor size in the docs is almost exactly the same as the Infuse, which has a 4.5" screen.

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, us Europeans might not be enjoying it for much longer. Apple's filing for a complete ban/recall of ALL Galaxy range products here...

I must say, I will be most displeased to turn mine back. D:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, us Europeans might not be enjoying it for much longer. Apple's filing for a complete ban/recall of ALL Galaxy range products here...

I must say, I will be most displeased to turn mine back. D:
Damn duggald you ruined my night.
Hopefully Sammy can get them under control.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You mean the very sane Apple that doctored up the samsung images lt filed to change the sizes to match those of their devices? They are about to get thrown out of court and have their butts sued. My guess is that Samsung and Android are scaring them silly or they wouldn't have done this. Personally i like the bigger screen size. You folks have no clue what the processor is till the specs are made known so why waste your energy whining about some unfounded info till you know it is true???

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
You mean the very sane Apple that doctored up the samsung images lt filed to change the sizes to match those of their devices? They are about to get thrown out of court and have their butts sued. My guess is that Samsung and Android are scaring them silly or they wouldn't have done this. Personally i like the bigger screen size. You folks have no clue what the processor is till the specs are made known so why waste your energy whining about some unfounded info till you know it is true???

Yeah they have been doctoring the photos in several cases. "You folks have no clue what the processor is till the specs are made known..." No clue means we have no clue...we have plenty of clues as well as hard evidence. The evidence points in the direction that shows that it WILL have the Exynos. Of course we all know that this can change super fast before it comes out. Why waste our energy debating on it? Because that's all we can do until we get more information on the product. Yes we are that desperate to see what unfolds.