App install space?

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I know it has 16 gb (frickin' sweet!) internal. I also know it has an SD slot (hell yes!) for up to 36 more gb. I know since froyo you can move apps to the sd, and gingerbread is even better at it. That said, what I don't know is:

How much of the internal space is available for apps?

I know the atrix only made 1gb of its 8 internal available for apps. And I can't think of which, but I've seen similar things with other phones. The droid 2 however makes it's 8 internal available for apps or data. I really hope this is more like the latter.

On a similar note, anybody know if this is gonna follow sprint's example with their latest phones and allow you to uninstall the bloatware hassle-free?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On a similar note, anybody know if this is gonna follow sprint's example with their latest phones and allow you to uninstall the bloatware hassle-free?

I would venture to say yes. It seems to be something that Sprint is committed to. However, some kernel based apps, like Sprint ID, will not be removable without root and a custom ROM.

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I would venture to say yes. It seems to be something that Sprint is committed to. However, some kernel based apps, like Sprint ID, will not be removable without root and a custom ROM.

*Fingers crossed*. I don't mind a little bloatware, but all the stub apps, apps for which there are far superior alternatives, and apps that run in the background eating battery life bug the hell out of me. I don't think things like Sprint ID falls under those categories.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Photon has 16 gbs internal right? and i believe it has 4gbs for app space so i would guess that the E4GT will also have this amount.. Should have been one of the Questions Phil could had been told to ask at the Event lol ... Owell we will found out soon enough...

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly? It's the ONLY thing I care to see in a video. The phone looks and works much like any galaxy s but no iPhone background icon boxes. Stop swiping screens for a 5min video and show me the dang true available space. Photon had less than 2.5the for application storage. No reason all 16 couldn't be made available! Sprint is worse than other carriers in this regard...no idea why.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Actually all 16gb could not go to app, etc because I know 5gb went to the web top dock, can't remember where the rest went. Has nothing to do with Sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty