Jackselp

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought an Evo 3D on August 22nd from a third party Sprint store and i am now ready to exchange it for the E4GT but the manager tells me he is out until next Wed or Thursday which would go over my 30 days. I tried calling an actual Sprint retail store but they said they would not accept an exchange and that i had to do it with the 3rd party store. What do i do?? I might be stuck with the Evo 3D and i am not that fond of it.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My first suggestion is to find out the name of the third party store and see if they have another location. Something like that is worth driving around for awhile. I know it's not great, but its a start.

Is the store just not even open? If it is, someone should be able to help you.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you have some other old phone laying around? Return the 3D, activate the old phone, and get the SGIIE4GT when it is available.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The manager is out and NO ONE in his store can process a return/exchange ??? I would ask for an AREA manager and complain and or ask for their Sprint rep to contact you.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
First of all, the store should be able to accept returns without the manager being present. If they have a return policy in writing, anybody should be able to process it. Sounds kind of fishy to me in the first place. However, if you're unable to get the store to budge on returning the item w/o the manager being present, you still have options:

I would send the manager a letter or email (so you have it in writing) that you'd like to return your phone before the 30-day period ends. Then call Sprint and cancel the contract. You should then be able to purchase the phone at a Sprint store or another 3rd party retailer of your choice. Just make sure you return the phone ASAP when the manager is in to avoid a big charge on your credit card (assuming that's how you made the purchase) for the full retail price of the phone.

If you'd rather buy it from the original store, just cancel the contract with Sprint now and return the phone ASAP when the manager returns. Most places give you a few days to return the phone after cancelling a contract before they charge your card the full retail rate.

Whatever you do, make sure you put your intent to return the phone IN WRITING before your return period is up. Sprint may not accept the phone return, but they should be able to process any changes/cancellations with the contract.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you have some other old phone laying around? Return the 3D, activate the old phone, and get the SGIIE4GT when it is available.

Remember, Sprint's lovely $36 activation/upgrade fee goes into effect today so they will charge you to activate ANY phone. So I'd buy a minute phone or just rough it out for a few days instead of paying $36 for some crappy phone and then another $36 for the ET4G b/c Sprint says they will no longer waive the fees.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have an old phone, call Sprint and activate it.

Go to the store with the shift, and say I'd like to return this if they tell they can't call your credit card company from the store and ask them to do a charge back for you. That'll usually get their attention (as they'd lose more % on the charge back then just processing a return for you). If they don't, you still get your money back and get to keep your upgrade credit.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I would fight that. You have 30 days, period.

Have you actually gone into the store to try to exchange it? That's something they should be able to do without a manager's approval.

That's pretty poor customer service if they expect you to wait almost a week to exchange a phone, simply because the manager is out.

Jackselp

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i called other stores of the same company and some of them can do the exchange for me at their particular store. I just have to wait to get out of work to do this and most of them only have 3-4 phones left. I hope one is still available later today.