Does It upset anyone...

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That the phone doesn't notify you of incoming text messages during calls? I've completely given up trying to find the setting to control this. Has anyone figured it out after missing a few important time sensitive texts today I was reminded of how irritating this is. During a equally important phone call I completely missed the text mesg. I noticed this two months ago but it hadn't truly become a problem until today! Is it just me? Any suggestions?

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I use Handcent as my sms client with popup notifications enabled so this hasn't been an issue for me. my suggestion would be to try that or another 3rd party client. I know some people are upset when a phone doesn't do some logical things by default, but luckily with android we usually have many, often better, alternatives.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Reactions: Samsmalls

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent as my sms client with popup notifications enabled so this hasn't been an issue for me. my suggestion would be to try that or another 3rd party client. I know some people are upset when a phone doesn't do some logical things by default, but luckily with android we usually have many, often better, alternatives.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

what happened to handcent? I liked it. I had to do a factory reset. The app is no longer in my apps. I do a search in the market and it is gone. I only see Chinese and a few others

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Try GOSMS its a beasty SMS app

I had that installed this week. Somehow it intercepts my voicemail and turns it into a text asking me to call a phone # to listen. I called Sprint as I thought it was a phone issue. Turns out to be Go. Does anyone else have that issue?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had that installed this week. Somehow it intercepts my voicemail and turns it into a text asking me to call a phone # to listen. I called Sprint as I thought it was a phone issue. Turns out to be Go. Does anyone else have that issue?

Under the settings in Handcent, make sure not to set Handcent as the default app, that's what's causing the voicemail issue. Be sure to go to the default messaging app and disable all notifications for it so you won't get two notifications for the same text.

You can still download handcent here:

Handcent sms HomePage --sms plus software for android

You can go there from your browser on your phone and have it downloaded directly to the phone.

And yes, Handcent has an option under the Notification settings to make a sound while you're on the phone when a text comes in.

I think it's a great app, wish they had a few more themes but it works very well. I used to use the pop up feature for messages, but they can still be a bit buggy and, when I have the phone mounted in my car in landscape mode, the screen doesn't always rotate to landscape so it's hard to read the message. Also, when a message does pop up in portrait mode, and I want to instantly reply, sometimes it takes some rather violent shaking of the phone to get it to rotate into landscape mode, it only does this though when I try to reply when the phone was locked. Going to the app and text from there and the rotate works just fine when the phone was unlocked.

Other than that it's a great program with some nice plug ins!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty