Podcast-Friendly Browser

GusRandall

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I listen to the Peter King Podcast but can't do it on my SGSII because none of the browsers seem to work with it. I've tried default, Dolphin, Skyfire, and Firefox but whenever I navigate to the podcast page, I get the little broken lego icon. I can't figure out what plug-in I need to make it work on any browser. Any ideas? I can't download the file because it's only available via website stream or iTunes.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
That podcast is available with a podcast player like Pocket Casts. I listen to it sometimes. There's no point in trying to play it through a web browser.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would add a +1 for Pocket Casts...its a good app for organizing, downloading and listening to pod casts. I've never been a big fan of using the browser for them.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I searched and I am looking for specific feedback on one feature for Pocket Casts. On our device, does it support AVRCP (play/pause/skip, etc) via bluetooth? I am currently trailing DoggCatcher and it doesnt work. Some say that it works on other devices, and when I used Google Listen, those controls worked flawlessly. So since Pocket Casts doesnt have a trail option, I was wonder if I can poll users of the E4GT to see if anyone is successfully using a bluetooth headset with AVRCP and Pocket Cast?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So I took advantage of the market's 15 min refund window & bought Pocket Casts. Turns out that it DOES work with AVRCP (bluetooth control for play/pause/skip/rewind)! I'm a happy customer. A few other things that I like...it allows switching from visit to audio playback (and vice versa) while you're playing audio. DoggCatcher required that you pause the playback & long press to bring up a menu. I think the layout is a tad better and I prefer the icon (trivial, I know). I do miss the many options you have in DoggCatcher, but I'm not wanting for much with Pocket Casts.