Phone says I'm roaming a lot

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting a message saying that I've lost signal and roaming charges are applying. Wtf? Why do I keep looking signal? And I don't even have roaming charges on my plan.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My friend you will get slot of lies told to you about your problem but this is the 100% honest truth..samsung decided to out a very subpar and in cheap antenna in this phone and therefore you will always experience signal issues..other phones trump this phone in signal quality

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can turn the warnings off. Look for Roaming Guard in the Settings/Wireless/Roaming menu, and see if the buttons for Domestic Voice/Data are selected.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
My friend you will get slot of lies told to you about your problem but this is the 100% honest truth..samsung decided to out a very subpar and in cheap antenna in this phone and therefore you will always experience signal issues..other phones trump this phone in signal quality

No, sorry, that's not 100% the honest truth. I've never had any signal issues on my phone. SOME people are experiencing signal problems, NOT all! This phone is awesome!!

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
my phone tells me that often as well. I have the roam guards unchecked also but it keeps telling me. it only shows in the notification bar, nothing pops up on-screen so I dont know if maybe leaving them unchecked would allow them to pop up on-screen so maybe the settings are in fact working, who knows. but I do roam alot where I didnt with my old phone...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is doing a lot to the network right now. It's possible that your area is undergoing maintenance and possibly upgrades, which could have taken your local towers down. It's either that or you're in a fringe area. That said, I also believe this phone needs an update to improve signal related issues for some people, which includes how the phone handles roaming (which I believe is directly related to LOS).

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Roaming is a near constant for me in half my home. My Pre didnt roam this much, only in the basement. Im hoping its Sprint working on the network and not just the antenna in my epic touch. Heck could be a combo of both

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is doing a lot to the network right now. It's possible that your area is undergoing maintenance and possibly upgrades, which could have taken your local towers down. It's either that or you're in a fringe area. That said, I also believe this phone needs an update to improve signal related issues for some people, which includes how the phone handles roaming (which I believe is directly related to LOS).

I'm getting phantom LoS and my phone was just sitting on my nightstand... :(

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're roaming a lot from home where you didn't before, try calling Sprint.

When I first moved into my current place I had great reception (on my last phone). Then out of the blue we began to lose reception. I called Sprint and they said they were doing tower repairs. Two or three days later they were still doing tower repairs so I called again. They offered me an Airave device to help with the signal problems, and now I'm all set. It's worth calling them to see what's going on with their service in your area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty