20+ startup apps? How do I kill them? 2 hr battery life

pamon

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got 20+ apps running when I startup my phone. They are installed apps but obviously don't want them running at the startup. I'm getting like 2-3 hour battery life due to this. Is rooting my only method fix this or is there a reliable startup program manager that will kill these for good? Tried a few with no fixes. Might factory reset if all else fails. Like the phone but c'mon....

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
would need to see a screen shot of your battery usage. Likely what you have is at least one app that is wake locking your phone. Vtok did this to my daughters 5.0 galaxy S and drained the battery something fierce.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A task killer is not the answer. As unibrow states you have a misbehaving application. Could you send a screen shot of your battery usage, or at least type it in for us? Most likely some applications is not letting your phone sleep when the screen is not on.

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying "Android Assistant" which has multiple helpful utilities. One of which is called Startup Manager which allegedly kills user-selected apps (and system processes) during the phone startup process. Its too early to tell yet but it does seem my DroidX is booting up considerably faster as a result. But I can't get behind the app yet until I see if there are any "side effects" of killing apps in startup.