How many would go back to gingerbread??

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
There seems to be alot of people unhappy with the ICS update. I haven't updated yet and was wodering.... If you could go back to gingerbread and have your phone the way it was before you updated to ICS, would you?

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Not me! I have no issues with ICS. Im very happy with it. Best thing to do is a factory reset after the install......start fresh!!!

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No way. I just did the manual upgrade and with every passing minute I'm finding more features with ICS that I'm loving.

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I did the update recently and now my battery life sucks. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I did the update recently and now my battery life sucks. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Factory Reset. I know a lot of people dont want to do this but it fixes alot of issues. Fresh start with ICS is the best way to go to be honest.

After I got the install I did a factory reset. By battery life is great...pretty much same as before.

LmaoDallas

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
i just dont like the lock screen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I honestly would love the lock screen if it was smoother, but unfortunately, its laggy as all hell. So I enabled the pattern lock :p

scribler

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I did the manual update. If I do a factory reset will I have to reinstall ICS since I did not receive the official update?

And to answer the question, no I would not go back to Gingerbread. What I really want to do is move right along to Jelly Bean. lol

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I did the manual update. If I do a factory reset will I have to reinstall ICS since I did not receive the official update?

And to answer the question, no I would not go back to Gingerbread. What I really want to do is move right along to Jelly Bean. lol

No you would not have to reinstall ICS. Once its installed the first time then you good. I did the manual update to and once it was installed and running, I then did a factory reset. Its the best thing to do in my opinion to have a ICS running smoothly!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't like it. As for going back to GB, naw...that would be just crazy. So I decided to upgrade to the GSIII. I haven't yet but fixin to leave for RS.

They have 50 bucks off any smartphone over 99 bucks and they'll give me 97 bucks for the GSII effectively making the new GSIII 50 bucks. Can't beat it.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

No, I did it last night after doing the manual update when it was made available. ICS is still there, all fine and happy.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I switch between GB and ICS. GB is much more stable and smooth. They are basically the same thing minus swiping stuff away and chrome. After going back to GB from ICS I found myself using the recent apps button a whole lot more. Its the same thing as the app switcher in ICS just not as pretty.

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would very much like to go back to GB. I'm not at all happy that my LED notifications for email messages no longer works. It works fine for SMS messages, though. I went through the whole hassle of wiping the device, losing all my apps and data, etc..

How difficult is it to go back to GB and where might I find instructions?

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I would very much like to go back to GB. I'm not at all happy that my LED notifications for email messages no longer works. It works fine for SMS messages, though. I went through the whole hassle of wiping the device, losing all my apps and data, etc..

How difficult is it to go back to GB and where might I find instructions?

I don't want to go back to GB but there are definitely some things I don't like. Like you, I did the factory reset thinking that might deal with the LED's but I've only got my SMS ones back too. Hopefully a patch will come along (in the next year or two knowing Sprint)