I just got my refurb phone yesterday with GB and I'm happy as hell again. This morning I wake up to a update available again for ICS. NO WAY! I'm not playing guineepig again. So who is going to try it? And how can I tell it no for good. It keeps poping back up. I'm beginning to think I'm in apple land. I don't like things telling me what to do. There has to be a way to tell it to stop asking me to update.
    07-31-2012 11:30 AM
    I'll be more than happy to try it, I just need a download link. If it doesn't work, I'll just flash back to GB.
    07-31-2012 11:33 AM
    If you are still on GB, or rolled back to GB, and like where your phone is at the moment, I would hold off on taking the update. My gut tells me this is just the previous update resuming its roll out. Updates are typically a delta, or change, from a previous version. Since Sprint didn't rollback the previous update and revert back to GB, they need phones to be on a particular version in order to install another update. I believe this is them doing that.
    07-31-2012 11:47 AM
    I can agree with that Jay. I just want to know how to stop it from telling me to update.
    07-31-2012 12:03 PM
    I did the original ics update a few weeks ago and hate it. Im trying like crazy to get mine to do the new one today but ot wont. Is the new one only for people who didnt do the one a few weeks ago?

I wanna do the new one to see if it fixes any of the issues caused by the last one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2012 12:08 PM
    I did the original ics update a few weeks ago and hate it. Im trying like crazy to get mine to do the new one today but ot wont. Is the new one only for people who didnt do the one a few weeks ago?

I wanna do the new one to see if it fixes any of the issues caused by the last one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    You likely will not see an update notification, because this is the same update you already installed. If any fixes are pushed out, they will be coming in a future update, not this one.
    07-31-2012 12:18 PM
    I love the update because my battery life doubled and I like all the added features. Don't have any issues with it. Not sure how a patch update is gonna affect things...
    07-31-2012 12:43 PM
    So are all the people that are seeing the update today? Are they people like myself that either got a new phone with GB, or rooted it back to GB?
    07-31-2012 01:23 PM
    I can agree with that Jay. I just want to know how to stop it from telling me to update.
    There is no way to disable those pop-ups without root. I believe they do go away on their own eventually, but I'm not 100% on that. I really dislike how the Samsung ROM handles software updates. There really should be a built in option to turn update notifications off, like on HTC devices.
    07-31-2012 01:31 PM
    There is no way to disable those pop-ups without root. I believe they do go away on their own eventually, but I'm not 100% on that. I really dislike how the Samsung ROM handles software updates. There really should be a built in option to turn update notifications off, like on HTC devices.
    I hope it goes away. I'll see how long I can deal with it before getting pissed. Then I guess I'll go ROOT! I have to call Sprint again tonight to make sure I get my $35 so I'm going to ask them if there is anything I can do. Not like I expect an answer, but it'll just be more fuel for the fire.
    07-31-2012 01:59 PM
    Im a bit confused.. are we talking about an OTA for ICS thats later that FF18?
    07-31-2012 04:08 PM
    Im a bit confused.. are we talking about an OTA for ICS thats later that FF18?
    No it's still FF18. They've resumed the ICS update roll out, with the only difference being the updater script now automatically clears data on the Swype keyboard. This solves the need to clear data on the keyboard manually to get it working after installing the update. Any fixes to other issues people are having will have to come with a follow up "yet to be announced" bugfix update.
    07-31-2012 04:13 PM
    No it's still FF18. They've resumed the ICS update roll out, with the only difference being the updater script now automatically clears data on the Swype keyboard. This solves the need to clear data on the keyboard manually to get it working after installing the update. Any fixes to other issues people are having will have to come with a follow up "yet to be announced" bugfix update.
    Right on thanks for clearing that up for me... ill stick with AOKP
    07-31-2012 04:16 PM
    When I called sprint for my wifi issues after my ics update the first thing they had me do was to clear the swype data. I was like, what the heck I don't have problems with swype. I guess the point of my post is that the swype issue was the only "problem" sprint acknowledged that they knew about. Looks like the updated update addresses it.

Now when they gonna address the wifi issue?
    08-01-2012 02:24 AM
    I just applied the new OTA (8/1 AM)! No idea if I will have issues yet, but I'm already digging the some of the new features. I even like the look of the new pattern lock! I'm easy to please
    08-01-2012 04:11 AM
    I tried it on 7/31... So far auto brightness doesn't work at all... Can't turn it on despite checking it off... Browser auto brightness just makes screen brightness of the setting in Display. Battery life is shot. Volume rocker doesn't lower all sounds, only ringer. Notifications etc still come and max volume.
    08-01-2012 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD