Samsung Within (Galaxy SII) release confirmed for Sprint!

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
good thing i read this. i was about to make a jump for the htc evo 3d. looks like i will wait to see what happens with the galaxy II s when sprint rolls them out. thanks for the info!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would be surprised if it didn't come WiMaxed. It would be a DOA phone if it didn't for me. The most important thing so far for me is the modem. I read how EVO's get around 8 to 10mbps on 4G . I have never seen anything pasted 6mbps on my Epic and now I'm lucky to see 4mbps. Its not bad for me since I don't Tether but we should all average the same speeds more or less.
$350 will be alot. I ponied up for the Epic last year. I don't know if i can do it this time around. Wify is up for an upgrade this time around also. She wants a keyboard phone so if this 1 has 1 then i would need 2 of them lol $700 is to much.

dc1225

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
good thing i read this. i was about to make a jump for the htc evo 3d. looks like i will wait to see what happens with the galaxy II s when sprint rolls them out. thanks for the info!

HTC EVO 3D review

Did you guys see the horrible review htc 3d got? holy crap i feel kinda ashamed that i even thought of purchasing it. conversely, they called the gs2 the best android phone out right now. that sux cuz im dying to dump my focking bb. To top it off, since sprint lost the roaming coverage, my signals been bouncin all over the place and my gps signal has gotten weak and sometimes i don't get my emails for 3 days, etc...so I may have to go to vzw which kinda sux.

I just don't get how people think that htc phones are that great. if you look at even epic vs evo 4g side by side, samsung screen just blows away htc. Can't believe that vzw is selling htc phones for $250. to me htc has long ways to go to catch up w apple and samsung.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/05/16/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-review/

here's the S ii review

Reactions: fred1955

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
what was so Horrible about that review? from what I skimmed thru he says its the best Sprint phone to date.

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me — from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect — but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTC’s Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

I love My Epic and am looking forward to the GSII. But the EVO 3D its not for everyone but it is a solid and great phone for HTC and Sprint.

dc1225

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
what was so Horrible about that review? from what I skimmed thru he says its the best Sprint phone to date.

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me ? from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect ? but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTC?s Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

I love My Epic and am looking forward to the GSII. But the EVO 3D its not for everyone but it is a solid and great phone for HTC and Sprint.

HTC EVO 3D review -- Engadget

Im sorry i thin it was engadget review I read and saw where british guy was doing a video review

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me ? from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect ? but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTC?s Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

Best Sprint phone isn't saying much, and the Nexus S still benchmarked higher. So I wouldn't really be buying a phone based on the best point it has is being the best Sprint phone available. They have nothing else to compare to it.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Best Sprint phone isn't saying much, and the Nexus S still benchmarked higher. So I wouldn't really be buying a phone based on the best point it has is being the best Sprint phone available. They have nothing else to compare to it.

Benchmarks don't have much credibility here because the Evo 3D and Nexus S have different resolutions. Also keep in mind that the dual core snapdragon in the Evo 3D is asynchronous, meaning it will only use the 2nd core if necessary (which might explain the lower scores as it doesn't need to have it when benchmarking. Devs may also make it so it will use both cores all the time). So essentially, the Evo 3D is running quadrant on a single core snapdragon on a resolution of 960x540 meanwhile the nexus s is running quadrant on a single core hummingbird on a resolution of 800x480.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
all they have to do is ANNOUNCE this phone (with pics and specs) before 6/24 and I will wait for it.
otherwise its evo time.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea I understand. To each there own. I was just confused based on the review and the post. I personally don't take benchmarks for nothing then just away to test oyur phone for fun. If you really want to see what your phone can do, play a really intense game. They test Computers with games like Crisis. Thats what we need. Agame like that to see what these duo cores can really do lol.

No keyboard on this sweet piece. get it and give the wife the epic. It's a win win
lol I would like to have one but if it doesn't have 1 thats fine too. I can always get a Mini/Micro Bluetooth keyboard lol I'm looking into them right now anyway.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea I understand. To each there own. I was just confused based on the review and the post. I personally don't take benchmarks for nothing then just away to test oyur phone for fun. If you really want to see what your phone can do, play a really intense game. They test Computers with games like Crisis. Thats what we need. Agame like that to see what these duo cores can really do lol.

lol I would like to have one but if it doesn't have 1 thats fine too. I can always get a Mini/Micro Bluetooth keyboard lol I'm looking into them right now anyway.

Just with initial GPU benchmarks the Mali-400 in the GS2 hands down showed to beat up on the Adreno 220. Again with the caps being at 60fps on stock kernals, most users will never know the power of the chips.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I was really hoping for the rumored date to be true just because it meant a closer release for the other carriers, now I am hoping this date turns out because I will be ditching Verizon since they are implementing these new ridiculous tiered data plans.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I was really hoping for the rumored date to be true just because it meant a closer release for the other carriers, now I am hoping this date turns out because I will be ditching Verizon since they are implementing these new ridiculous tiered data plans.

You aren't the only one. I had my heart set on the S2 over the Bionic on Verizon. Now with the ridiculousness of the tiered plans I'm considering the jump to Sprint and just getting the S2 on there.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems completely unsubstantiated. But stuff like this keeps showing up:
Samsung Galaxy S2 to Launch on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile Networks | Headline News

I'm hoping for July as well because I need to upgrade from my LG Optimus S, and don't want to get involved with the recpetion issues of the Nexus S, or the crappy camera on the EVO 3D. Come on S2!!!!

that article has absolutely no new information backing up the report. I was expecting something like 'according to an insider' but nope, the article continues into another direction talking about rumored speculation of how the phone is already better than the iphone 5 and a bit of history of how the original galaxy s couldn't dent iphone sales.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
that article has absolutely no new information backing up the report. I was expecting something like 'according to an insider' but nope, the article continues into another direction talking about rumored speculation of how the phone is already better than the iphone 5 and a bit of history of how the original galaxy s couldn't dent iphone sales.

This isn't the iPhone forum, we could care less about what it does. Samsung still gets some of the best sales numbers in Android, and it keeps Android building bigger and bigger as times goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez