Galaxy SII for Sprint - Keeps rebooting when I connect to Wi-Fi....Help!!!!!

fashionguy1980

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently started having this problem back in June with my SPH-D710 (Galaxy SII for Sprint). I was in a metro area, and seemed that I kept getting a "no service" icon. Then the screen would flicker, along with the softkeys, and shutdown completely. The only way to get the phone working again was to plug it into a wall charger. Then the battery would jump back up to "75%" and seem to be fine. Then when trying to connect to the wi-fi in my hotel (as I was travelling for work, or in a resturant), it continually shut down. The battery began to swell so much that I couldn't even get the cover back on. I have since replaced the battery, with a samsung OEM battery, I have upgraded from ICS to GB27, and have enabled power-saver mode as well. I have already done the "remove apps one by one untilthe problem disappears" with no avail. I have read so many different solutions, bad battery, bad power button, etc. None of these solutions seem to work twice, and I'm totally fed up with this. I have only had this phone since March 2102, so it seems silly to have to buy a new one out right!

I've also upgraded the PRL, and the profile, which Sprint suggested to solve my "connection issues". But is anyone out there who knows the real fix, or is it a done deal?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently started having this problem back in June with my SPH-D710 (Galaxy SII for Sprint). I was in a metro area, and seemed that I kept getting a "no service" icon. Then the screen would flicker, along with the softkeys, and shutdown completely. The only way to get the phone working again was to plug it into a wall charger. Then the battery would jump back up to "75%" and seem to be fine. Then when trying to connect to the wi-fi in my hotel (as I was travelling for work, or in a resturant), it continually shut down. The battery began to swell so much that I couldn't even get the cover back on. I have since replaced the battery, with a samsung OEM battery, I have upgraded from ICS to GB27, and have enabled power-saver mode as well. I have already done the "remove apps one by one untilthe problem disappears" with no avail. I have read so many different solutions, bad battery, bad power button, etc. None of these solutions seem to work twice, and I'm totally fed up with this. I have only had this phone since March 2102, so it seems silly to have to buy a new one out right!

I've also upgraded the PRL, and the profile, which Sprint suggested to solve my "connection issues". But is anyone out there who knows the real fix, or is it a done deal?

Welcome to the forums!!!
Best thing to try is reboot into recovery and clear the phones cache. Updates are like flashing a new ROM, and each time you do it is always a good idea to wipe the cache. Reason is the old data from the previous ROM can interfere with the new ROM.

Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owenwilliam