Bricked my phone!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running Team Venom's Wicked Sensation ROM. Its the first ROM I've ever flashed (with the help of this forum), and its pretty good. But in the event I would have to return my phone to Sprint (or make an insurance claim and mail it off), I would like a way to get it back to as stock as possible, with no incriminating, left over evidence!. I do know about the trip counter, because it tripped when I flashed the root/recovery file thru Odin. I'm not worried about losing data/apps/account info, because I've got the important stuff backed up. It doesn't kill me to re-install apps or setup accounts. That's little stuff to worry about. And if it happens to wipe my sd card, that's no big deal either. Backed up as well (I've learned my lessons about not having backups!)

Your talking about the sensation? I am guessing that because you talked about Odin and mentioned it by name. I didn't think that model had a flash counter, but in any event, I would just hard brick it if I was that worried about it.

I have sent rooted phones back to verizon without a peep. They really do not care. That being said, if you head to xda, I am sure there is a way to reset the counter...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Your talking about the sensation? I am guessing that because you talked about Odin and mentioned it by name. I didn't think that model had a flash counter, but in any event, I would just hard brick it if I was that worried about it.

I have sent rooted phones back to verizon without a peep. They really do not care. That being said, if you head to xda, I am sure there is a way to reset the counter...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I have the Sprint GS3, and I'm running a custom ROM called Wicked Sensations. :) Just asking about a way to get me back to total stock if I should ever have the need to. I used to have the HTC Sensation 4G, but got rid of that (and T-Mo) and went to Sprint for the GS3

Edited for acronym corrections

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint GS3, and I'm running a custom ROM called Wicked Sensations. :) Just asking about a way to get me back to total stock if I should ever have the need to. I used to have the HTC Sensation 4G, but got rid of that (and T-Mo) and went to Sprint for the GS3

Edited for acronym corrections

Yes there is an easy way back to complete stock. Just let me know when you are ready.

penpen72

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue as macmov....before I throw this thing out into the wind....what steps were used to get it working? I have an att s3 but have all the att files.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue as macmov....before I throw this thing out into the wind....what steps were used to get it working? I have an att s3 but have all the att files.

I will be glad to try and help but please don't make me read through a bunch of posts. What are you having problems with. It's it your phone not being recognized by Odin? Or is your phone sticking on the Samsung screen?

penpen72

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Phone isn't being recognized on the computer at all. I cannot get into download mode. I flashed a rom earlier and now it won't turn on. If I plug it into the computer without the battery, I do get the red charge light, but when I put the battery back in, the light goes off. The camera led light has flashed once since this happened.

penpen72

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
also....once in a while when trying to get it to go....I get a popup on my windows computer that tries to install a qhsusb driver. I have never heard of that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
also....once in a while when trying to get it to go....I get a popup on my windows computer that tries to install a qhsusb driver. I have never heard of that.

Disconnect your phone from the computer. Turn it off. Press and hold volume DOWN, power and home buttons simultaneously. You should see a warning. Release all the button and then press volume UP. What happens?

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

QHSUSB_DLOAD =

Qualcomm
High
Speed
USB DOWNLOAD

In other words, the kiss of death. Your phone is essentially a piece of hardware with no firmware or software on it. Its waiting to be restored at a factory level. Your fix is JTAG. Period.
If you do some research there are a few HTC's than can be revived from this state. Hoping in the future we can do the same. Granted I've been testing stuff related to this for months and although I feel like I get a little closer each time, I can safely say if we ever see a way out of this its not gonna be for a long time

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
QHSUSB_DLOAD =

Qualcomm
High
Speed
USB DOWNLOAD

In other words, the kiss of death. Your phone is essentially a piece of hardware with no firmware or software on it. Its waiting to be restored at a factory level. Your fix is JTAG. Period.
If you do some research there are a few HTC's than can be revived from this state. Hoping in the future we can do the same. Granted I've been testing stuff related to this for months and although I feel like I get a little closer each time, I can safely say if we ever see a way out of this its not gonna be for a long time

There is a member here that uses the jtag for restoring both the at&t and Sprint gs3's.

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
There is a member here that uses the jtag for restoring both the at&t and Sprint gs3's.

I meant without JTAG. Sorry should've been more specific. I was referring to the HTC unbricking project where they revive a phone in the same state using Linux and terminal through USB. Its pretty incredible stuff.

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Kinda although unbrickablemod is more a hardware hack and is a preventative measure as opposed to a fix. Adam outler is tha man for that tho and main reason I wish I had an exynos based device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty