How to Turn Off Your Shutter Sound In 2 Minutes

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
changing features.xml didn't work for me initially. I did manage to get most of the sounds out by renaming the .off files but for some reason the zoom remained. this was after rename and rebooting.

what I did just find was the features.xml had wrong permissions. once set to rw-r-r I had the option in camera settings

Thanks the permission with changing the .xml worked perfect. Even gave me the toggle so I can turn sound on or off

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Crowell392

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
With my Verizon gs3 all I have to do is turn the volume down all the way and the shutter sound is gone. Pretty simple really. Oh yea and I'm not rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GianDChik

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, i downloaded Es File Explorer File Manager and started to begin the process to get rid of the shutter sound for the camera and once I got to, "Now that your in the settings, scroll to the bottom and check the box "Root Explorer" It will give you a silly warning about SU Request ignore the warning and press the "Yes" Button." It told me that my phone does not support this action, (I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3) is there any way I can by pass this.

Thank you

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again skunk!! You are the man! After following your awesome guide to root this S3 beast I've been trying to figure out this quandry for weeks. And now you've come through again!! Many many mahalo's!! Keep up your awesomenes!!

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so after playing with the files for awhile now, i can't seem to figure out how to silence the different shooting modes. Single shot and panoramic are silent, but burst and lowlight are not (the others I've never used so I don't care about them). Anyone have any ideas? Burst mode is outrageously annoying with a shutter sound on. I've renamed just about every camera sound file in this directory that looks suspicious. Any extra help would be awesome! Thanks guys.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to rename these files.

Hmm, I'm rooted (followed Skunkape's method). I've verified that I'm rooted, and am running several apps that require root, including Titanium Backup (paid version). I have SuperSU installed, and ES File explorer configured for root. I can navigate to the proper directory, but when I attempt to rename the file ESFE acts like it's changed them, but the file names remain the same. Astro File manager, gives me an error and says the files ca't be renamed. Properties shows rw- r-- r--. I can't change the properties, either.

Any thoughts on why the OS won't let me change these file names?

Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to rename these files.

Hmm, I'm rooted (followed Skunkape's method). I've verified that I'm rooted, and am running several apps that require root, including Titanium Backup (paid version). I have SuperSU installed, and ES File explorer configured for root. I can navigate to the proper directory, but when I attempt to rename the file ESFE acts like it's changed them, but the file names remain the same. Astro File manager, gives me an error and says the files ca't be renamed. Properties shows rw- r-- r--. I can't change the properties, either.

Any thoughts on why the OS won't let me change these file names?

Thanks.

In es fire explorer after selecting root in the settings you also have to mount the file system as read write. It's in the root menu settings.